Shedding at month 3

becksfan1986

Reaction score
Hi ev, I'm not an english native speaker so excuse me for my mistakes. Here is my situation. I'm 19 years old and I'm taking fina since 4 months. The first three months were really great. My hair loss totally stop and ma hair was getting thicker. Then suddenly when I started my fourth month of propecia my hair started to shed at a very high level more than before taking propecia. I've searched all over the web to find a similar situation but find none. Have someone experienced the same thing? I mean I thought that shedding woul occur when you start the treatment and not three months later after such good results. Can you share your experiences if you've lived the same. Thanks

PS : I'm aware about hyperandrogenicity but I haven't got that oily skin and pimples. By the way I've no bear at all and I haven't notice more facial hair. I'm also loosing hair from the back which is very amazing and depressing.

becksfan1986

Reaction score
Please respond, I'm totally dipressed. Please share your experiences. I try to find a similar problem on this forum and I find nothing.

Ras Gas

Reaction score
I have used finasteride for 50 days and quit due to sides ( pimples and deppression). I dont have the experience to answer your thoughts... good luck mate !

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
Alot of people on this forum have gone through exactly the same thing as you. Usually it's great maintenance followed by a month or two of shedding. This usually occurs around the 3rd or 4th month of propecia use. I'm sorry to say this but you have to ride it out for a while (about a year) and things will be alot better.

becksfan1986

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice. I hope it will work. This shedding is desesperating me. I hope it isn't reflex hyperandrogenicity.