Shedding around the hairline

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Can this actually happen? Biggest question here is, can the hairline recede temporary in a shedding? I'm kind of trapped between 2 worlds, either I am going to regrow a lot (seeing lots of little hairs comming) or I have receded since baseline.

Currently my regime is; Dutas for 5 and half months, minoxidil 5% for about 8 months. I'm thinking it might be a Dutasteride shed, but I can never be sure. It's mostly cause of the 'horror stories' you read a lot about dutasteride at places like these.

I've regrown a little hair, but when I pull it all back, it looks like it has receded more. I've never experienced any hairfall in the months before, and since taking dutasteride my hair has thickened up, but then this happened since last month or so.

attachment.php

This is a picture of it from a few days back.

T

Timi

thats minoxidil Horror

Stop it an take dutasteride allone

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd really like stopping minoxidil to be honest. Applying it into my hair is a pain, and since it's so long it takes hours to dry up, leaving my hair in a horrible state in the mean while.

But how do you know this is from Minoxidil alone? Currently, I've been taking minoxidil 5% for about 8 months, before that I used a 2% version (since September 2009 aprox.) and Finasteride. I had absolutely no hairfall, and just a little shedding in the 3rd month which all regrew.

T

Timi

bad to say

Dutasterid is for the most Men wrong

back to finasteride and minoxidil and dutasteride Stop

i have take dutasteride for 3Years my Hairs get very bad in the Front

Timi

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
bad to say

Dutasterid is for the most Men wrong

back to finasteride and minoxidil and dutasteride Stop

i have take dutasteride for 3Years my Hairs get very bad in the Front

Timi

Oh ok thanks. :) I think I will do that, as soon as the shedding stops and I regrow the little I lost from using dutasteride. Did you ever had a shedding? Did it grow back after shedding (in the front)?

T

Timi

it comes back but i have make a big error
dutasteride Topik and was very bad for the Hairs and i lost
again all Hairs

i was a Idiot

i think dutasteride make a high Estrogen level
i become a very Oily Skin

Timi

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
it comes back but i have make a big error
dutasteride Topik and was very bad for the Hairs and i lost
again all Hairs

i was a Idiot

i think dutasteride make a high Estrogen level
i become a very Oily Skin

Timi

You took a dutasteride topical? Interessting. Shame you lost all the regrowth though. :(

I think I get very high Testosteron from dutasteride actually. Maybe too high even. At least, too high for my male pattern baldness.

How is Finasteride doing for you? Do you still use it, and have you regrown hairs?

T

Timi

Minoxidil was for me the Horror

dutasteride i dont know

finasteride allone works always great

Timi

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I'll stay on dutasteride for another few months, at least untill the 8th month. Then I think I'll go back to Finasteride.

To anyone on Dutasteride, how long did the shed last for you? And did anyone experience regrowth?

T

Timi

i take finasteride allone

Morning 1mg
evenning 0,5mg

minoxidil is nothing for me
become a big red waterface
and for the Hairs does it nothing get worser and worser
with it!

Timi

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to go bac kto finasteride alone, but do you think I'll get another shedding from it??

T

Timi

No shedding

take finasteride allone is the best
and finasteride Topic 60ml Vodka 10mg Finasterid than 1ml apply

minoxidil is nothing for all and can makes Hair worser as bevor

Dutasterid i don't Know i think it can helps
Bodybuilder take it and swear by dutasteride

Timi

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
I am still shedding... Is this normal???

So you'd been maintaining long hair on minoxidil and dutasteride? Are you losing only in the area you apply minoxidil, and what size hairs are falling?

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it's long still, but very hard to maintain. Have to wear a beanie now most of the time, it really sucks. :sobbing:

Hairs which are falling out vary in lenght. But I've lost far more thick and long hairs than before. Before, I would never shed long hairs only very short ones. And I still shed hairs from all different sizes and thickness. And it seems to come from all male pattern baldness areas (front, top and crown).

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in same boat, shedding more and more diffusely for past couple months. It's the longer, thicker hairs that scare me as well. We're still inside the 100-day telegen phase so this could all begin growing back this month. :innocent: I personally haven't seen signs of regrowth yet. :sobbing:

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
100 days telegen phase? What's that? And us hair usually thinner in this phase?

Hair grows (anagen phanse) and then sheds (telegon phase) in cycles that progressively shorten with male pattern baldness, and these cycles become more and more synchronized with male pattern baldness, meaning more hairs shed around same time instead of shedding spread out evenly over time as with non-male pattern baldness hair. While the total cycle times shorten, telegon phase remains the same averaging around 100 days. So yes, your hair could look much thinner during these few months. If a hair sheds, its successor should theoretically sprout in around 100 days or less (sometimes it falls further along this phase and is sort of pushed out by another hair, or sometimes it can fall out early on such as when washed, brushed, whatever). I believe sometimes the hair will "sit out" a cycle, but hopefully someone who knows more about that can address it because I don't know what causes that or if it's even true.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well considering I lost almost 0 hairs since I got on Dutasteride, I'm hoping that that indeed is the case. I had some quite nice results with finasteride, but I needed more that's why I started Dutasteride. Was almost surely a NW3 at 19 years old when I started so...

Am now pretty much back to baseline, but there are deffinatly new hairs sprouting at the hairline. They just aren't "usable" yet for the lack of better wording.

Also, I noticed my hair looks shorter?