shedding?... already?

nate2004

Reaction score
Ok so Ive been on the "big 3" for a little over 2 weeks now. Started the 3rd week yesterday matter of fact.

I use to not lose that many hairs in the shower, like 5ish... but now its much worse than that like 20ish.

Is it too early for a shed already? If not, is an early shed a sign of good things to come?

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
No I doubt ur shedding this early...probably just aggressive male pattern baldness

Reaction score
htownballa, do you enjoy scaring people? you told me on my thread that iam probably gonna be worst than a nw7 and now your telling this guy that he has aggressive male pattern baldness. WTF dude, rather than telling people to be consistent with their treatment or telling them to stick it out, you highlight the worst possible senerio. first of all i just started to thin early this year and the male pattern baldness in my family is nw4 at its worst so thats a good indication of how i'll turn out years from now. second, how the fuk can aggressive male pattern baldness all of a sudden kick in within two weeks time? maybe in 2 months time but 2 weeks? also, is it just me or is the shedding that nate is going through right now a minoxidil shedd, considering the fact that he is using minoxidil which causes sheds? Chill the fuk out man.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all I am not trying to scare anyone. I said you MIGHT have DUPA, not that you did. I also said you might have some underlying health condition in which case your hair will grow back.

As to the original poster, I was wrong with my earlier post. Shedding can definitely happen this early into the treatment. Apparently the new treatments shock the hair into going into a resting phase. It is probably not male pattern baldness kicking into a higher gear. Good luck.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
first week on minoxidil, a little bit more hair seem to be falling out, my hair looks thinning than a week ago..does minoxidil make your hair look like $hit? its so dry and dull

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. Quit being a prick, htownballa. There's no reason to be spreading that kind of FUD. If you're going to respond, at least get EDUCATED on the subject which you're speaking.

Nate, shedding at 2 weeks is perfectly normal. I'm on my second minoxidil treatment and both times my shedding started at the beginning of the 3rd week. Don't worry about it, just stick with it.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats just minoxidil shedding. It will stop. Mine started in 10 days after starting minoxidil and ended afer 35-40 days