Shedding after hair transplant

johanne

Reaction score
I have just had a hair transplant at DHI Athens. It was during a international conference and I have had the chance to meet Dr Ron Shapiro who was
present during a part of my procedure. He told me that because of my age (23) almost 60% of the hair transplanted would continue to grow without
shedding. My surgeon Dr Minotakis told me that the remaining hair after ten days wouldn't shed. It is now day 11 and I can see a lot of hair transplanted.
Some comments, advice and ideas would be appreciated. What kind of density can I expect taking into account the fact that in some regions, they have
transplanted as many as 47 FU with an average of 35 in the front ? My stitches have been removed yesterday. How long do I have to wait before working
out again without risk of enlarging the scar ?Is that right that minoxidil can prevent shedding ? The trouble is that they told me to wait one month before
topical treatments and I think that it will be too late. Regards.

crazydiamond

Reaction score
johanne

Wow thats pretty young to be having an hair transplant. I have seen advice from some hair transplant surgeons saying you can start using minoxidil after transplant. I would lay off strenuous exercise ie weights for a good 6 weeks, and be careful when bending and lifting. If you dont want an ugly scar take your time and let it heal properly. The transplanted hairs might remain for a few weeks but will shed eventually but they all will be back in 4 months approx. Good luck. Your going to have to stick to a good regime now, or your hair will recede and leave the transplanted hair isolated, so make sure you get good advice.