Shedding after 2 years on Proscar

zakkwild

Reaction score
I have been taking proscar for 2 years
I had a good result, my hair stopped shedding and it showed slightly grow until now.

I GOT A MASSIVE shedding. It was noticeable since november 2014 and keep shedding at increase rate
This morning, I wake up with tons of hair on my pillow and my shirt and it keep shedding during the day

is it a hair cycle or proscar now less effective on me ? Im only 24 years old..
is anybody face this problem like me? now Im so depressed....

Thank you for the answer and sorry for my bad English.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Start taking Tagamet 3oo mg three times a day along with your Proscar you will stop shedding in a months time.
Its over the counter in non prescription strength. It was use for ulcers n higher doses years ago but as found to be good for hair loss.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
February will be my 3 year anniversary on finasteride, and yes, I still shed, not TERRIBLY, but so much so that I noticed the difference and sometimes fear it's the finasteride wearing off but lo and behold my hair comes back in thicker with each cycle. The left side of my hair line is so much thicker than it was three years ago it's ridiculous. A good ridiculous. That's why I ****ing detest a shed. The terrifying thought of losing my gained density from a shed but alas, as I've said, it only gets better, little by little.

Power through.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
shedding does not equal miniaturization the meds often synchronize the life cycle of the hairs so a lot may shed at a single time

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
February will be my 3 year anniversary on finasteride, and yes, I still shed, not TERRIBLY, but so much so that I noticed the difference and sometimes fear it's the finasteride wearing off but lo and behold my hair comes back in thicker with each cycle. The left side of my hair line is so much thicker than it was three years ago it's ridiculous. A good ridiculous. That's why I ****ing detest a shed. The terrifying thought of losing my gained density from a shed but alas, as I've said, it only gets better, little by little.

Power through.

Any thread or pics with your before and after? Today was my first day on finasteride and I like seeing the success of people from it in hopes I can get the same

zakkwild

Reaction score
Hey,

it's getting better now, that massive shedding last for 1 day, but the shedding is still noticeable but acceptable so I try not to worry about it.

thanks you guys for replying
(sorry for my bad english)

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thread or pics with your before and after? Today was my first day on finasteride and I like seeing the success of people from it in hopes I can get the same

Nope, and it's the biggest mistake I made. You should most definitely take pics, I didn't and I regret it. I'd love to compare my hair now to when I first noticed the thinning.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going through another shed (I hope) myself now after 16 months. It is indeed scary when it happens, just have to hope it is a temporary blip, and that in a month or two everything will be better.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I had shedding this November which marks one year for me. I never had a single shed before that and my left hairline took a bad hit from this shed. I also now have scalp pimples, scalp pain, and at the start of the shed had a definite increase in sex drive that tapered away.

My shedding stopped this month ( down to maybe 7-10 hairs in the shower). I may quit finasteride though because I now have a really painful scalp somehow.

Everything I've read though says shedding is pretty good and turns out for the best. My shedding unfortunately came with some odd signs telling me to stop the treatment.

amac40

Reaction score
100% in the same boat. I started propecia in Feb last year and started shedding for the first time around mid-late December. It's really bumming me out seeing hairs fall all over my desk at work and the itchy scalp so just hoping and praying things stablise and improve.

zakkwild

Reaction score
shredding seemed slowing down since the last week of jan. But it starts again on feb but not that much. I dont know whats going on.. just hope it will get better in this month.

zakkwild

Reaction score
hey guys
i just got my hair cut this morning
my hair was very long before (longer than shoulder) and i just got it cut. Thing is... I can see my ****ing scalp at my top. It is very visible, super visible under the light. I'm so depressed should I start minoxidil, I was solely on finasteride(proscar) about 2years now. Will minoxidil work for me? I dont want to see any shed anymore. The person who cut my hair said that my scalp is full of dandruff should u start nizoral too...?

I'm so depressed right now.
i want my hair back.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
use nizoral and be strong, you are doing the possible in order to save your hairs :)

zakkwild

Reaction score
i see 70+ hairs on my pillow every morning after i cut my hair..

should i start minoxidil... ?
ive never used it before, must it be only rogaine?
my country has only Nuhair minoxidil and it 2times cheaper than rogaine.

Please suggest me...
now im so depressed
girl left...
hair loss...
**** my life

HairForSure

Reaction score
Same here

100% in the same boat. I started propecia in Feb last year and started shedding for the first time around mid-late December. It's really bumming me out seeing hairs fall all over my desk at work and the itchy scalp so just hoping and praying things stablise and improve.

I'm also in the same boat and worried. I started during Dec '14 and underwent initial heavy shedding for two months. Later on no hair fall for around 9 months. Now for past one month I found hair is falling when combing and taking bath. I am on big three continuously and the growth of thickening seemed to stop and I wonder to add more drugs to my regimen. Any suggestions on my future course of action?

zakkwild

Reaction score
im going to try rogain and nizoral to recover my hair back. Everyone keeps looking at my crown like what the **** is wrong with your head. I used to have long hair and it completely hide the bald spot.