Shedded hair never grew back

Have you heard of/experienced shedded hair from rogaine that never grew back?

• Total voters

shedder

Reaction score
Hi,

Let me first say, I don't have significant hair-loss, only slightly receeding hairlines, most prevalent on the temples/sides and a tiny bit in the middle of the top of my forehead. My family has a history of hair-loss however, so I started using rogaine to counter future hairloss. But it only made it worse - especially on the middle/front.

I used rogaine for perhaps 3-4 monts, after some weeks the shedding began. I GUESS most of it eventually grew back, however, this is a small spot left to the middle of my front hairline some centimeters wide and a few milimeters in height that NEVER grew back. So basically, what I can conclude, empirically, is that rogaine must have caused this.

What to do now?

I obviously won't use rogaine again unless I start balding badly (seeing I would have nothing to lose then) But, is what I have experienced SOMEWHAT normal? Have any of you heard of this side-effect or perhaps experienced it yourself? I am considering to begin to apply a tiny bit of rogaine to the beforementioned tiny strip where the hair seem to have been lost - without applying it to the places where I actually DO have hair, seeing I wouldnt risk having the same thing happening again. Do you think there is even the slightest chance it would work?

Thanks in advance,

(English isn't my first language btw, I hope it makes sense nevertheless) :)