Shaving head after FUE - not noticable?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I had a FUE in August. I was told that I could shave my with a razor blade head at a later point in life and you wouldn't be able to tell.

But I'm beginning to think this is not true. My hair is now about 1 - 1,5 cm long and the donor area is still slightly visible.

My question is: If I shave my head COMPLETELY will the donor area then be visible? You know, ehen your hair is thinning it eventually makes the grey "aura" less grey. I'm afraid that the donor area will be more skin-coloured then the rest of my head?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It depends. I have seen FUE recipient sites where with a shaved head you could still see the punch scars. It all depends on the skill of the physician, the size of the punch extraction tool, and the patient's scarring characteristics.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you have a FUE?

I have another question: In the donor area, I have these small hairs that refuse to grow, and I can scratch them out without pain and they all have a piece of skin attached? What's up with that sh*t?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
It depends. I have seen FUE recipient sites where with a shaved head you could still see the punch scars. It all depends on the skill of the physician, the size of the punch extraction tool, and the patient's scarring characteristics.

But the dark "aura" is not the problem? I mean is the skin of the donor area less dark compared to the skin of the rest of the head?