Shapiro, Hasson, Wong or Cole

Chief

Reaction score
I am going to go about this another way. It seems to be very difficult to find ANY negative remarks regarding these doctors. These doctors maybe do a combined 1000 surgeries a year. It seems like they are putting out great results EVERY time. I am considering using them for my transplant. I am asking for some negative feedback on them. Who has had a marginal or a bad experience.

Thanks.

G

Is this a joke? You don't think there are any negative remarks about Cole on here? Look at the thread below you. Not to say that Cole is a bad Doctor- I don't have any opinion either way. Honestly, man, I would take everything you read in the hair transplant forum with a grain of salt, because people in here will try to steer you to their doctor of choice that they're being paid to promote.

Don't let negative remarks on here about doctors necessarily steer you away from them.

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Chief, I think you can find a few negative (at least not totally happy) patients from each of these doctors. Usually you'll find it has to do with density and expectations.

Off the top of my head:
Dr. Shapiro - Muddpuppy - not happy with density.
Dr. Wong - DHTAssassin and Dirty - not happy with density.
Dr. Hasson - Lauz - not happy with results.
Dr. Cole - I've seen a few complaints, but cant remember names.

These guys I've mentioned are on other forums. I know this really doesn't help much. The best thing is to see patients in person and decide yourself based on your likes and dislikes. Each one of these doctors have showcase patients that really look good.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Gorpy is right for the most part, those are the main complaints from patients I've seen in the forums that have been aired pblicly. DHT assassin was a diffuse thinner, and probably shouldn't have had hair transplant, but I think he still likes H&W, and I believe he's going back to try and get some more density, and have his scar repaired (I think he had tricho that stretched, but he's a weighlifter so that might have contributed). In any case H&W is going to take care of him. Most of the top docs will do this if a complaint is lodged on a contributing forum and the complaint is found to be legit. That's why these forums can really be useful- I think they can protect the patient. Most of the mods will allow complaints about a Doctor as long as the compaint is legit, and proof is shown w/ pics, and the dialogue is civil.

The Lauz debate got a little heated over at hlh, but it is one case in tons of cases, so that's not bad. It's true that many patients don't post, so we will never know about them. But w/ the guys who do, the complaints about the top docs have been pretty limited.

Same thing w/ Cole as H&W..recent complaints were about growth. IrishJackMP and Mr Spock had growth issues, and they post over at hlh. I did a ton of research looking for legit patient complaints about Cole before I went to him, so these forums have definitely been to my advantage in that sense.

As far as mudpuppy, I think he liked Shapiro's hairline work, but needed more grafts, so was more disappointed w/ Shapiro's inability or lack of desire to take out bigger strips, and subsequently chose H&W because they are of course the megasession kings at this point.

IrishJack:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=

Lauz:

DhtAssassin:

Mr Spock

Mudpuppy
http://hair-restoration-info.com/groupe ... 2061050502

Chief

Reaction score
Thanks guys -

I am really close to going forward and i am having the typical doubts/concerns. But then I think that there really aren't any (very few) complaints about these top docs and why should I be concerned about marginal results when it seems like these few top docs are putting out great results about every time.

HotBaldGuy

Reaction score
Dr. Cole

Dr. Cole is a perfectionist - this was the best decision that I've ever made. If you have money, and can afford transplants, you don't have to the bald guy who has to overcompensate with personality.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gorpy said:
Chief, I think you can find a few negative (at least not totally happy) patients from each of these doctors. Usually you'll find it has to do with density and expectations.

Off the top of my head:
Dr. Shapiro - Muddpuppy - not happy with density.
Dr. Wong - DHTAssassin and Dirty - not happy with density.
Dr. Hasson - Lauz - not happy with results.
Dr. Cole - I've seen a few complaints, but cant remember names.These guys I've mentioned are on other forums. I know this really doesn't help much. The best thing is to see patients in person and decide yourself based on your likes and dislikes. Each one of these doctors have showcase patients that really look good.

The only complaints you will hear on here about Cole are shills like Baloonman and his side kick Still Looking. None of them were treated by COle but they have an agenda on every forum to bash him b/c he didnt take on Baloonmans case. It was too complicated. You rarely see any complaints about Cole except H/W cheerleaders on HLH that oppose FUE/FIT. All politics. You cant go wrong with any of the Docs you mentioned just depends on what you need. I agree with you about seeing patients in person...thus the best way to judge and learn. It really helped me.

CCS

Reaction score
Yeah, people who are NW6 or smooth 5 are not going to get nearly full density, unless they do a VERY agreesive FUE that redistributes all their head hair, and not just traditional donor zones. Even then, NW6 is 50% gone, so they would to 50% everywhere, and better not go to NW7. And that would be 20,000 grafts. Lots of money.

So I'm not surprised some people are not happy with their results. They get a flat NW3 hairline in front, thin on top, and a hole in back, and that is as far as they can go if they had serious hair loss.

If you are NW3a or lower, and spend a lot of money, you can get pretty good in front. Maybe only NW2 can get 100% density in front, though I don't know. I think 60 is the number of follicular units you need, though they must have 2's and 3's. Just a bunch of 1's in frong it not natural.

CCS

Reaction score
well, 1's are natural in a thinning area, but not in a healthy area.

it depends which one you are trying to immitate. If you got enough donor hair, immitate the healthy area. If you don't, then you want to look like you are naturally thin, not like you are had a surgery.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
well, 1's are natural in a thinning area, but not in a healthy area.

it depends which one you are trying to immitate. If you got enough donor hair, immitate the healthy area. If you don't, then you want to look like you are naturally thin, not like you are had a surgery.

ones are used for the hairline to create a natural look. Planting ones in a balding area is not priority but the multiple groupings are.