Shampoo And Conditioner And Oil (head And Scalp Massage) Recommendation That Is Good For Hair?

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been posting here recently, would just like to maximise hair strength and keep it as healthy as possible.
Any good shampoos and conditions for this?
Dont recommend things that cost a fortune!
Any good oils for scalp Massages?

Thanks!

Vince_Reagan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get all the essential nutrients and minerals for your hair like iron, vitamin C, omega 3 (most important) etc. And make sure you are having minimum required protein in your diet. Over all just maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle for health body and eventually healthy hair. Now, I know there are people who have the worst diet and don't care at all about any nutrients and minerals and still have the best hair in the world because I think they just have it in them.

Second moat important thing in my opinion is the health of your scalp, so a proper hygiene is also important. Just keep your head clean like washing regularly to avoid accumulation of dirt and oil. I guess which shampoo and conditioner you use does't matter much, just male sure it is not too harsh (sulfate free etc). Also getting head massage once a week is enough. And make sure not to expose your head in harsh sunlight for too long

Thats pretty much all you should take care of.

Please note above tips are just recommended things to do to keep hair healthy, they in no way treat or prevent any type of hair loss.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get all the essential nutrients and minerals for your hair like iron, vitamin C, omega 3 (most important) etc. And make sure you are having minimum required protein in your diet. Over all just maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle for health body and eventually healthy hair. Now, I know there are people who have the worst diet and don't care at all about any nutrients and minerals and still have the best hair in the world because I think they just have it in them.

Second moat important thing in my opinion is the health of your scalp, so a proper hygiene is also important. Just keep your head clean like washing regularly to avoid accumulation of dirt and oil. I guess which shampoo and conditioner you use does't matter much, just male sure it is not too harsh (sulfate free etc). Also getting head massage once a week is enough. And make sure not to expose your head in harsh sunlight for too long

Thats pretty much all you should take care of.

Please note above tips are just recommended things to do to keep hair healthy, they in no way treat or prevent any type of hair loss.

Thank you very much for all this advice.

When you say sulfate free. What do you mean? What ingredients should I avoid.
Currently using alpecin, is this good or bad.
How much exercise a day would you recommend.

Currently taking isotretinoin, which has caused dry scalp. So washing it regularly isnt really happening.
I am currently using alpecin shampoo (may consider the energising oil thing)
And garnier argan oil conditioner - but some form of alcohol is present in the conditioner which makes me think its not good
Thankd

Vince_Reagan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can, you should avoid shampoo containing sodium Laurel sulfate, laureth n etc. these chemicals are harsh on hair and disturbs the natural microbiome of the scalp. As far as I know alpecin is used to treat pattern baldness, I don't see the point why you are using it on a daily basis

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can, you should avoid shampoo containing sodium Laurel sulfate, laureth n etc. these chemicals are harsh on hair and disturbs the natural microbiome of the scalp. As far as I know alpecin is used to treat pattern baldness, I don't see the point why you are using it on a daily basis

I am currently not using it on a daily basis. Isotretinoin causes my scalp to be dry resulting in less frequent washing.
My hair is receding slightly in which is why j am currently using it but people have said on this forum I have a mature hairline.
Ill monitor my hair, ill take more pictures and post them m in a later date wet and dry.
Any shampoo recommendations?
Thanks

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is to help existing hair and has nothing to do with male pattern baldness, save for keeping your scalp healthier. I used to use Pantene,brands from costco, etc. I also used to not wash everyday, sometimes 3/4 days(even though I was oily type) ,and can feel dandruff build up and used to get it chronically. I have since decided to wash my hair with shampoo when it feels dirty and wash my hair with conditioner on days it does not. I don't skip days washing my hair much anymore. I no longer get dandruff(although I did use Regenpure DR) for 6 months.

My hair was thick but used to be dry/frizzy. Even though I remember my hair was thick and sleek since young, like most Asians, my hair got thinner and frizzier. I had good/bad days, but have since found out, you want to prevent damage of the cuticle as the hair is growing. Your texture(thick/thin, wavy/straight is all genetic), but what you don't want to do, is damage the cuticle while it's growing out.

I've noticed better quality hair, less frizz, since I have done these things below, besides, taking fish oil, iron, zinc,vitamin d supplements.

1. Use non harsh shampoo. I use Giovanni shampoo/conditioner and prefer their newer line. The bottle is different.
Here is one version of their newer line: https://www.amazon.com/Giovanni-Repair-Shampoo-Blackberry-Coconut/dp/B00RY22O10/ref=sr_1_8_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1533042980&sr=1-8&keywords=giovanni+shampoo&th=1

2. I've read up about pro/con of air dry/blow dry. What I've always noticed is when I blow dry my hair, it's less frizzy as opposed to letting it air dry. I used cool setting so it doesn't damage the hair. Ever since, even when I let it air dry, my hair is less frizzy. Seems to work for me as it seals the cuticle.

However, ever since I started using HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protector my hair has been less frizzy and seems healthier (oils help lubricate). I'd recommend this product.

This is just my experience and works for me. Others may have different experience and opinions.