shall i quit finasteride... really...

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have taken finasteride for exactly 2 months now... before finasteride i m shedding like 20 hairs during shower altho the hair has gone considerably thin.

In the past 2 months, i hve lost like 100 hair during shower, not only my bald spot got bigger, my hair also got thinner... even the back and side seems to be affected after i started propecia.

i m really depressed about the situation... all those hope seems to start fading away ... :(

G

According to your regimen you are taking 0.5 mg... Is that correct?

I am taking 1mg since February, 2 months too. And I can say that my experience is similar as yours.

I have been shedding like a dog, and My hair is much thinner and it really looks like sh*t.

I can only think that it's a good signal. Otherwise I would become crazy.

I will wait at least 4 to 6 more months to see what happens, and I will also plan to add Rogaine to my regimen. I just want to do everything I can, before I give up.

My actual situation is really bad, my hair is really thin, maybe yours is better, I need toppik to go out, otherwise I look like a UGLY pervert. I hate this f*****g hairloss and I hate f*****g DHT.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
For f***'s sake -- wait a year.

You shed, but it gets better. You won't even see decent results for at least a year.

You're not special and unique. You're going through a shed. Suck it up and get on with it.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds like finasteride induced Telogen Effluvium. Stick with it, you'll more than likely grow this hair back with treatment.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
between 1 -2 months I shed - how do I knows this?

1) running my fingers through my hair I'd always remove 4-5 on almost every pass
2) if I shook my head id have 20 -30 hairs fall out
3) Shower time lost me a decent 20-30 hairs sometimes ALOT more

so that doesnt include the hair I would loose without noticing

Just hit the 5 month mark

1) usually none or maybe 1 hair now and then when I run my hand through it
2) head shaking loses 1 or 2 at most
3) usually notice about 10 in the shower

based on my personal experience I'd say stick with it - 2 months is way to early to tell

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for encouragment all.

on a side note.. if finasteride fails, we can still do hair transplant... that is what i m considering now.
i also too look like a dirty prevert without topiik on LOL!

Bod

Reaction score
emery said:
I have taken finasteride for exactly 2 months now... before finasteride i m shedding like 20 hairs during shower altho the hair has gone considerably thin.

In the past 2 months, i hve lost like 100 hair during shower, not only my bald spot got bigger, my hair also got thinner... even the back and side seems to be affected after i started propecia.

i m really depressed about the situation... all those hope seems to start fading away ... :(

Didn't you do any research on finasteride before starting, because if you did surely you would know it would make you shed, these posts are all so similar, next time why don't you just use the search facility because you would find thousands of similar posts regading shedding.