"Sexual" side effects

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many of the guys who post about their "sexual" side effects from Finasteride are having actual sex? like with actual girls? who have actual vaginas?

I know everyone reacts differently to medications, but if guys are making their deductions about the sexual side effects of finasteride from watching p**rn/masturbating then it would be highly inaccurate to assume causation/correlation.

I don't want to rant, but it bothers me that so many guys are turned away from one of the only proven hair loss medications because of what they read on the internet, or advice they are given from other people. I see a lot of posts from seemingly desperate guys who swear finasteride off immediately because they don't want to get side effects, only to post more and more about the distress they feel from their hair loss.

I jumped on Finasteride at the first sight of temple thinning when I was 18, and have not had one issue when time came down to having sex with a girl. I never thought about the potential side effects, and guess what ? I never got any.
I've been dating the same smoke show for the past two years and have not had one issue.

If you frequently masturbate, watch p**rn, and/or do both, unless you have empirical evidence (I.e., blood tests, gyno, grow a vagina, etc) regarding the "destruction" finasteride has imposed on your manhood your deductions are invalid.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many of the guys who post about their "sexual" side effects from Finasteride are having actual sex? like with actual girls? who have actual vaginas?

I know everyone reacts differently to medications, but if guys are making their deductions about the sexual side effects of finasteride from watching p**rn/masturbating then it would be highly inaccurate to assume causation/correlation.

I don't want to rant, but it bothers me that so many guys are turned away from one of the only proven hair loss medications because of what they read on the internet, or advice they are given from other people. I see a lot of posts from seemingly desperate guys who swear finasteride off immediately because they don't want to get side effects, only to post more and more about the distress they feel from their hair loss.

I jumped on Finasteride at the first sight of temple thinning when I was 18, and have not had one issue when time came down to having sex with a girl. I never thought about the potential side effects, and guess what ? I never got any.
I've been dating the same smoke show for the past two years and have not had one issue.

If you frequently masturbate, watch p**rn, and/or do both, unless you have empirical evidence (I.e., blood tests, gyno, grow a vagina, etc) regarding the "destruction" finasteride has imposed on your manhood your deductions are invalid.

Why are you distinguishing between the two?

Also, I've never noticed PFS testimonials as coming from fappers.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One is what we are evolutionarily and biologically programmed to do, the other is not.
I trust you can deduce which one is which.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
One is what we are evolutionarily and biologically programmed to do, the other is not.
I trust you can deduce which one is which.

Masturbation occurs within the animal kingdom and is a product of evolution, probably a release valve.

Further, finasteride is unrelated to biological evolution, so your point is not relevant.

You didn't respond to either issue.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Masturbation occurs within the animal kingdom and is a product of evolution, probably a release valve.

Further, finasteride is unrelated to biological evolution, so your point is not relevant.

You didn't respond to either issue.

Have you ever had sex with a girl?
If you have I'm sure you're familiar with the scope of physiological and psychological arousal that sex with another human-being imposes on an individual. Science is based off of empirical experimental evidence, not intuition or "potential" causation/correlation relationships- something you should be familiar with, as you seem like an intelligent individual.
Watching p**rn is far from actual sex, which was the premise of my initial argument.
Not sure why you're trying to refute that

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever had sex with a girl?
Are you ****ing serious?

"Yes".

If you have I'm sure you're familiar with the scope of physiological and psychological arousal sex with another human being an individual experiences. Science is based off of empirical experimental evidence, not intuition or "potential" causation/correlation relationships- something you should be familiar with as you seem like an intelligent individual.
Watching p**rn is far from actual sex, which forms the premise of my initial argument.
Not sure why you're trying to refute that

I'm not even sure what you're trying to respond to.

Here were my points:

1) A lot of PFS testimonials have come from people with girlfriends, partners, etc. This invalidates your point.
2) In the real world healthy men can get an erections occur with a woman, and sometimes without. They are both part of nature.

What do you think morning wood is?

Hint: It occurs naturally among healthy men.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

LOL... maybe you dont enjoy a good wack and/or watching p**rn, but most normal men do. So whatever it is you are yelling about in this thread is invalid as regards most men.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, I was a skeptic at first but since I stopped watching p**rn my sex life [with my gf] has improved significantly.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's no question that watching p**rn could impact one's sex life. But if someone has been watching p**rn for years with no issues, takes finasteride, and suddenly has sexual side effects, be they masterbatory or with a girl... the side effects are not the fault of the p**rn. Obviously. So this thread makes more sense on some no-fap or religious website than here.