serious brain fog, should I continue with it?

bluejs

Reaction score
hi, I am on 1/4 proscar for 2 months now and had a brain fog since I started it.

I am in university studying engineering and this is serious; I cant focus due to brain fog.

I dont even care about reduce in semen, and well I dont feel anything on my nipples.

On the other hand, looking at the effect of this finasteride,

it has been working great, I havent seen new hair growth but seriously ichness and redish scalf is gone now and I am seeing significantly less loss of hairs.

well, basically i am seeing both great effect and great sides at same time.

Should I stop the med?

or should I try to take it at night? ( I am taking on time between 11am~ 1pm)

or.. should I lower the dose? (may be 1/6 or 1/8 proscar?)

please help me out here guys..

It s just brain fog,, it doesnt go away unless I stop take propecia (I stopped taking for 1 week after first week of proscar , and that week i didnt notice any brain fog..)

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
the brain fog sucks. i'm sorry to hear that, I had the same thing. yes, definitely try cutting back your dose (.5mg, then .25mg) and try taking it at night. i'm on .25mg at night and while i've got a few sexual sides (which I can live with) the brain fog is gone and i feel like myself again. good luck man.

G

Hmm, that´s tough......
Hair or Brain Fog!

In your situation I would take the following steps.

1. Take finasteride at night time
2. Lower the dosage, maybe to an 1/8 or even less, it is up to you to find out the proper one
3. Add topical spironolactone to your regimen and use it for the areas you need it.
4. Add Rogaine foam

This should give you hair and mental power, at least in theory ( I am only on finasteride, but also thinking about eventual changes in my regimen)

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
i had the brainfog first month but it went away.
2 months sound like along time to have it.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
How does it feel to have brain fog. I know it sounds kind of self explanatory but just not being able to concentrate. I take mine in the morning with an empty stomach just switched from at night. I think it will work better but I also take about 200mg of caffeine just to get on with my day. Probably don't need it but it makes my day go swell.