Secret`s Story...

Secrets

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I`m a 33 year old male from Norway that began to notice that my hair looked thinner about 2 years ago (actually after i began to dye my hair dark). I started to notice hair everywhere, and lots in the shower (had never even been thinking about it before).

I`ve always had extremely thick hair, and my brother still has (he is 40 now). Well i have diffuse thinning now, and it`s getting pretty very bad...

I started with something called Arcon Tisane in the summer of 2004 (its basically a mix of saw palmetto, fenugreek and vitamins), but saw no effect. Expensive as hell too!

I began to use minoxidil with 5% retinol on 26/10/2004, had a bad shed for some weeks, and then everything was wonderful - i only lost about 10 - 15 hairs a day. My hair was really improving. I was still using Arcon Tisane, added Omega 3 acids, and something called Hair & Skingain (also vitamins). The minoxidil was very expensive (as everything in Norway), so i shifted to normal Rogaine after a while. Everything was great.

Around March, i stopped using Arcon Tisane (too expensive), and for a short while (about a month), i used another brand of hair vitamins than Hair & Skingain and no Omega 3.

Around April, all the tiny hairs around my hairline and temples fell off (grown on minoxidil), and then i began to notice a lot more hair in the shower and on the floor. I thought that this maybe was one of the synchronised minoxidil sheds that people are talking about. I started using Omega 3 and the Hair & Skingain vitamins again.

Since then (about 4 months now), many of the tiny hairs around the hairline have come back, but the shedding is really, really bad - basically as before rogaine... I shed lots of long, healthy hair and my hair looks thinner... I`ve been itching a bit lately, so now i`m using Fungoral (basically the same as Nizoral). I`ve never heard of minoxidil sheds lasting over 4 months...

I use 1,5ml of 5% rogaine twice a day - i part my hair and massage it gently when i apply. A lot ends up in the hair, and i have to apply it all over (diffuse thinning), so that is why i use 1,5ml. I wash my hair every other day now (every 3rd before).

So thats my story - needless to say, i`m a bit depressed now.. I`ve been thinking about starting Arcon Tisane again, but it did nothing to me before Rogaine, and i can`t really afford it either. I`m thinking that it maybe worked together with Rogaine, but who knows...

I have an appointment with my doctor next week, and are thinking about Proscar - what do you guys think? I would really appreciate your thoughts!

Sorry about the long post...

S

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Secret
Try sprouting fenugreek seeds for a few days, then they are really nutritious. They heat up the circulation. It is well known that horses fed on fenugreek have glossy coats. Saw palmetto berry juice applied topically helped me to grow vellus after twenty years of male pattern baldness. Now I have a modest hairline. I am trying to spread the word about my story, but most people here seem to be arguing about science, and getting depressed.
I need to write a manual on all the things I do to achieve this result.
There are alot of con merchants selling ineffective mixtures which contain ingredients which would work if the quality was better.
Proscar is also part of my routine, on prescription from my sympathetic doctor, as well as Nizoral (supposed to make the follicles less sensitive to dht)
Boru

Secrets

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for your feedback Boru! I think there may be something to fenugreek and saw palmetto - they might not do much alone, but maybe they can make the difference when combined with other drugs. When i used Arcon Tisane (which contain them both) and Rogaine, my hairloss was down to a minimum, but after going on just Rogaine, it speeded up badly after about a month. I guess there can be two explainations - one is that Rogaine just isnt enough alone, and the other is that i am still in one of the Rogaine induced "shedding periods". But over 4 months seems a bit long - or?

Do you guys think i should start proscar?

Btw; nice to hear about your hairline!

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Secret
Can you get proscar on an ordinary prescription in your country? I have been advising people to try to get proscar from their doctor before ordering over the internet. I use a pill cutter to chop it into five pieces.
My doctor told me to take one every five days, but I think there could be side effects if I took a 5 mg dose all at once.
On a delicate but important note, it is not yet guarranteed that the finasteride will be present in semen, it can cross the placenta and affect the male foetus. So I tell finasteride users to tell their partner, be aware how the drug can affect women.
That besides, I think proscar is supporting the growth of the new hair I have been able to deminaturise. In studies of 5mg use in older men (like me) it was found that finasteride did not produce new growth of any kind.
I believe that the dormant hair has to be stimulated at a topical level first, because it is possibly beyond the influence of dht when it is almost non existent. The dht may not be the culprit in the advanced stage of minaturisation, it is lack of circulation.
Last year I thought, lets try this technique, with the saw palmetto, and it produced the vellus. I didn't add finasteride until a few months later. No-one else has thought of it, and I need to patent the idea, though it is an expensive procedure.
I am planning to develop my device into something marketable.
Unfortunately, it is quite expensive to make, so it isn't going to be a big money maker until I can shrink the components. It looks like a table top laboratory at present, not very pretty.
Did you have a look at the new ideas section here? It is full of interesting theories, but I don't go there now, they fight quite alot.
Boru

IceCold

Reaction score
Hei,

I saw a link for Arcon on vg.no and I had a look. Hmmm, might be interested to try it, without the vitamin cure (i take some normal vitamin pills that I buy at the store anyway).

27, noticable hair loss for about 18 months (front, temples and back). Been on Rogaine (5%) since about January. Suffering from a lot of shedding now...

My doctor won't prescribe Propecia, and to be honest, the side effects, although not common, (growing breasts) scare me...

I think I will try Arcon though, despite the fact that you have not had much improvement from it...

Lykke til,

L