Secondary finasteride shed

Milks

Reaction score
Hiya

just a really quick question (I think I already know the answer). I'm 9 and a half months into propecia and believe I have started a secondary shed (around the 9 month mark). Is this the right time for this to be happening?

Cheers

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
no one knows nothing about anything.... you are like me... with no answers. its cruel but it is like this.,

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I started to shed bad in months 7-9.5 but lately it has calmed down and something looks like it is growing in. I will be hitting month 10 in a few days.

Milks

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys

I'm not panicing too much yet, I understand these things happen in phases, something to do with the growth cycle of hair

G

Milks said:
Hiya

just a really quick question (I think I already know the answer). I'm 9 and a half months into propecia and believe I have started a secondary shed (around the 9 month mark). Is this the right time for this to be happening?

Cheers

Did your hairloss stop when you started taking Propecia? Immediatelly?

My hair started to fall like mad on week 3...

You had no hairloss for 9 months? Not even 10-40 hairs a day?

Edited: changed the amount of hairs in my question.

Milks

Reaction score
No I lost plenty of hair in the first 5-6 months, then it settled down but seems to have picked up again just recently

Hair Gnome

Reaction score
Hi, when I first started on the finasteride, my shedding stopped almost completely after maybe week 3.

At about month 3 I started to noticeably shed at a high rate. It would come in bursts. Shed a lot at night, then slowly, if at all, for a day or two, then another burst.

I'm at month 4 now, maybe just a little under, and that pattern is continuing. My hair now looks about the same as when I first started the treatments - a full head, and thining on the top and back.

I'm gritting my teeth waiting for this phase to stop, but from everything I've read, it will be worth it.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm into finasteride for approx 17 months and never noticed a shed, only a few 1" hairs with root now and again. But I started from zero, to vellus and now alot of new terminal hair, so maybe I will have a shed at a later stage. Perhaps if you use a balance of treatments, sheds aren't necessarily inevitable?
Boru