Second Unit Arrived, Unfortunately It's Strike Two

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Frustrated and pissed" does not do my situation justice. The first unit arrived last year and both the density and wave were perfect, however the color was about 10 shades too dark. There was no way to blend it with my grey (bordering on white) bio hair. This after the tech had sent a big clump of hair for the color match, and we confirmed with the correct color on the color ring for backup. Strike one.
Next we sent for a replacement in November which arrived last week: the hair cut short (maybe 2"), way too dense (100% density), very curly hair, and the hair was about 4 shades too dark. It would have looked like a badger sitting on my head. Honestly, I thought they sent the wrong piece until I saw my name on the base.
Has anyone else had similar problems first time out? I was all exited about finally wearing but here I am 6+ months after the first order and still wearing ball caps everywhere in public. Not to mention the added stress and anxiety is taking care of my remaining bio hair.
This is the stuff of nightmares.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Frustrated and pissed" does not do my situation justice. The first unit arrived last year and both the density and wave were perfect, however the color was about 10 shades too dark. There was no way to blend it with my grey (bordering on white) bio hair. This after the tech had sent a big clump of hair for the color match, and we confirmed with the correct color on the color ring for backup. Strike one.
Next we sent for a replacement in November which arrived last week: the hair cut short (maybe 2"), way too dense (100% density), very curly hair, and the hair was about 4 shades too dark. It would have looked like a badger sitting on my head. Honestly, I thought they sent the wrong piece until I saw my name on the base.
Has anyone else had similar problems first time out? I was all exited about finally wearing but here I am 6+ months after the first order and still wearing ball caps everywhere in public. Not to mention the added stress and anxiety is taking care of my remaining bio hair.
This is the stuff of nightmares.
Damn, sorry man...once they get it right, you will be good to go, better to get it wrong in the beginning I guess

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, sorry man...once they get it right, you will be good to go, better to get it wrong in the beginning I guess
I haven't lost faith yet but this is taking a toll. If there's a strike 3 I'll have to visit another salon. First timer so I don't have a clue about DIY. Maybe down the road I'll be able to take care of myself like most of the members.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't lost faith yet but this is taking a toll. If there's a strike 3 I'll have to visit another salon. First timer so I don't have a clue about DIY. Maybe down the road I'll be able to take care of myself like most of the members.
Once you get the first one to your liking, you can then keep a couple on hand that you know are what you want and not have to worry about it again. Take note of what the color,density and size are so you get the correct order each time.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I've only ordered one custom. But the color was way too dark as well. Now I'm too scared to order a custom again.

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you get the first one to your liking, you can then keep a couple on hand that you know are what you want and not have to worry about it again. Take note of what the color,density and size are so you get the correct order each time.

This is the color (and style) I want, I pretty much went white like this in late 40's after my dog died. I didn't think it would be so problematic to make one, it's synthetic hair after all. But the salon is in one city, her Supplier is in another, and manufacturing is somewhere in Asia. There's too much room for a clusterf.....

hair do.PNG

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I've only ordered one custom. But the color was way too dark as well. Now I'm too scared to order a custom again.

Can I purchase a stock system with essentially white hair like below? I have tried a few suppliers online but nobody had this color choice.
Who do you buy from? Maybe I need to check a few more. By the time I get the right topper system I'll be ready for a full cap, lol.

hair do.PNG

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you need to chage your stylist or your supplier or both.

All of us get our product from China, although some of the production may be elsewhere (Thailand, Cambodia, etc). I think there is only one company that claims to make their product in Italy, but they charge insane prices for basically the same product.

The color you want is basically a #60, which I don't believe anyone carries in stock (we don't either).

Good luck,

Steve