Scientists may have a cure soon for baldness.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ignore that extremely misleadning picture. Im just very curious which scientist who have stated that line. Seriously, isnt that a bit of an over-positive statement to make?

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. George Cotsarelis is the guy behind the latest discovery. This is also the guy behind Follica. I'm thinking more and more that this is the man who will discover the holy grail.

I think he said that he thinks they will have found a way to rejuvenate the hair follicles within a decade.

Letac

Reaction score
But is`nt this REALLY good news? Meaning that they have found out that people who are bald still have the follicles. This should mean that they gotta have some kind of idea what might bring the follicles back to "normal" life. Again meaning that it should`nt take that long before there might be some kind of cure? We are no longer in the 90s. I guess that the year 2011 should mean that the progress should go faster, especially when you see how many companies who is involved. The next year you will have results from Acell, Histogen, The german guy who cloned a hair and maybe these guys. Either way, if Bosley are involved, they are chasing each other...and I guess that they also have to feel that there are some new people breathing down their neck.

I`m no wizard (and forgive me for my bad english), but I do really believe that we are close to some kind of cure regarding this "problem". My opinion is based on the fact that we are in 2011, the progress is speeding up (or at least the results/news regarding this are coming in faster/almost every month now) and also based on all the companies that are competing against each other. To awaken some haircells again should`nt be that hard with to days science... I know that we should not jump and celebrate, and I understand that people have been given news like this before and therefore are a bit suspicious, but I really cant understand that this will take such a long time before it`s on the market. There`s a big world and not all the countries are that harsh concerning dropping it into the public market. I spoke/mailed with a person from histogen, and they thought that a treatment could cost approxemently the same as a hair transplant to day. Given this works, one can use propecia etc to keep in steady. Or else...who cares so much if one`s loosing their hair when turning 60/70...

Maybe I`m wrong, but....

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Letac said:
But is`nt this REALLY good news?

No, according to the good news bear above you we should ignore all the people who are working on ways to treat this crap.

Of course it's good news. As always we should keep a realistic view on the whole thing, but they're obviously going in the right direction. Somewhere down the line they will find a cure (or a "cure"), but when that'll happen is impossible to predict.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I agree.

We can grow an ears on mice, send man to the moon yadayada and we can't grow a friggin hair on a bald man scalp???????

Yeah, its freaking ridiculous to say the least! I will never understand that we can clone animals but not human hair. The greatest mystery of them all!