Scientists Identify Crucial Signal To Stem Cell Function In Hair Follicles

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
I recall Jeff Biernaskie made news around 2014 when he basically rediscovered RepliCel's approach of using dermal sheath cup cells.

He must be doing a lot of research into regenerating hair.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to me despite all of the news we have heard about stem cells for almost 2 decades now, we have almost no therapies to show for it, and that goes for every use of stem cells not just hair. Why is it so painfully slow?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to me despite all of the news we have heard about stem cells for almost 2 decades now, we have almost no therapies to show for it, and that goes for every use of stem cells not just hair. Why is it so painfully slow?

Regulations. Lots of them. You can thank biblethumpers for their nonstop moaning about ethics (mostly Republicans if you're in USA), politicians that are in the pockets of pharmaceuticals and other lobbyists (should be illegal) and the FDA (and other health ministries around the globe) that continually put up roadblocks.

FDA is the worst; these liars say they want to ensure safety of treatments but dont allow the only way to actually test safety; trials on humans. Instead, for whatever reason, they demand years upon years of clinical trials effectively making it too expensive to run trials.

Thank god there's Japan that's doing away with the regulation bullshit. About time some country stepped in and did what's right.

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regulations. Lots of them. You can thank biblethumpers for their nonstop moaning about ethics (mostly Republicans if you're in USA), politicians that are in the pockets of pharmaceuticals and other lobbyists (should be illegal) and the FDA (and other health ministries around the globe) that continually put up roadblocks.

FDA is the worst; these liars say they want to ensure safety of treatments but dont allow the only way to actually test safety; trials on humans. Instead, for whatever reason, they demand years upon years of clinical trials effectively making it too expensive to run trials.

Thank god there's Japan that's doing away with the regulation bullshit. About time some country stepped in and did what's right.

hellouser you got any plans getting a hair transplant?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
why not? are you happy being a nw3?

I'm not happy, but not completely devastated either. Plus it costs a lot of money and there's so much promise from the major players about a potential 'superior' treatment coming soon it doesnt make much sense to me. If only the players stopped goofballing around and actually executed instead of constantly delaying.

Also, this is off topic.