Scars: Mental, physical- meta-physical

shrek996

Reaction score
I hate myself for being bald. I even loathe myself more for not having the nads to remove my hat, tan the dome and get on with my life.

hair transplants have indeed come along way. I am so glad that when I was in my early twenties that I did not have procedures done although I went to top NYC derms. Thankfully, I waited. I was diagnosed as a Norwood 6 at 19.

Fast forward to 2003 and I ask you are we at the zenith of knowledge of FUE's? I have been up and down these corridors and yes I see some great results but doubt remains-

If I'm going to do this I want my cake and pie. I want to have decent density and coverage. What's wrong with this wish? If your going to spend up to 30K on multiple procedures and afterwards have people make off handed remarks like "losin' some on top there, pal" I think that is unacceptable.

IT COMES DOWN TO THE FOLLOWING:

Do I wait for cloning or a derivative in the next two years- maybe GHO or Bosley will come around or-

Bite the bullet and live with the scar and imperfect asthetic result- or-

shave and tan the head and give Goldberg a run for the money in the WWE.

:twisted:

sal1

Reaction score
Hey Shrek996.

I know where you're at. Everyone here does. I lost my hair in my late twenties and rushed out and had crown work done. Got butchered! Huge scar, crap for density. I was pissed I rushed into a hair transplant. Had another hair transplant in crown area two years later and it was O.K. Just O.K. Still I was not happy. Spent alot of money and had poor results. Then in my 30's the front started falling out. Now I was beyond freaked because of past hair transplant procedures and their results. I had been taking propecia forever and using topicals, but it still was falling out rapidly.

I kicked around getting frontal work done for a while and found a DR. that had a good reputation. I scheduled an appt. and backed out the day before the procedure. Too nervous it would look horrible and scar would be even bigger. But this DR told me he would fix my existing scar during the procedure and that in itself was something I wanted done. So I went and had frontal work done this past fall and he fixed my existing scar and I'm very very happy I went through with it. Very good coverage, natural, and very hard to find scar.

Those of us who go through the hair loss crap know its exhausting on the mind. It just sucks. I tell you I dont even think about it any more. I used to stare at my head twenty times a day before and would get so depressed about it. Now I dont waste my time worrying like I did.

I'm not telling you to rush out and get a hair transplant. No way!! But just know that the procedure is pretty good campared to when I had it done years ago. Very different. Take your time and research. But know there is a way to get relief from it. In another couple years the procedure will be even better. I'm 36 yrs old and wanted to start living my life and not wait too long. Im glad I did.

Good luck.

sal1

shrek996

Reaction score
Sal1-

Thanks for the feedback-

I hope at 36 you're at a better place.

Yes I do think the industry will improve but not due to the "Docs" like Woods and Gho. Finding advancements in hair transplant techniques or for any medical procedure and not PUBLISHING their findings is inexcusable.

These people are not motivated to raise the bar as it were but just interested in their cloistered practices. I am even suspect of "Dr." Gho's claims to have had ANY success in cloning. Seemingly he is marketing his new Aruba location with all his shrouded success. Shamefull....

Peace-

Shrek