Scalp Med

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or tried this? I saw their Infomercial twice last night for the first time ever, their site is scalpmed.com ..I've never heard of it until last night.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Just checked the ScalpMed site.

First off, it claims on the cover page that it is clinically proven to regrow hair. This means that it must either be finasteride, or minoxidil.

I then dig a bit deeper into the "products" page of the website. It says the "growth agent" piece of the system is comprised of two products, Vitadil 2 (for women) and Vitadil 5 (for men). It then states under each of these products that they contain minoxidil. Hmmm... this is starting to sound familiar.

I then go to their purchasing page, and attempt to initiate an order for Vitadil 5 to see what the pricing is like. I get a message saying that Vitadil 5 is out of stock? Oh, the dissapointment. So, I back out, and find that Vitadil 5 IS available as part of a bundle of products (the Vitadil, a shampoo, and a spray) and this is sold, and apparently available, at the low discount price of $177 for a two month supply.

That's bizarre? If you can get the bundled package that INCLUDES the Vitadil bottle, then why would they say they are out of stock when attempting to purchase it alone?

Well, I go over to the women's section to see what they offer over there. They are out of Vitadil 5, so, perhaps they are having better luck keeping the Vitadil 2 in stock? Click click, and lo and behold they are out of stock of Vitadil 2 as well. But, on the order page, they do offer a bundle of products (Vitadil 2, shampoo, and spray) that sell for $177 for a two month supply, and apparently DO have the Vitadil 2 in stock if purchased in the context of this product bundle.

Considering that the average Joe can get minoxidil for $20 per month, and two month's worth for $40, I think you can do the math and see what is going on here.