Scalp Exercises

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of Tom Hagerty and his website about his scalp exercises? In my very short time studying hairloss, I don't think I've seen anyone discuss his program. I briskly read through it and he does seem to make a lot of sense with his concept. The users on the forum seem to back it up as well.

Can anyone shed any more light on this subject?

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Packers, his stuff does appear to be legit. After posting at his site a few times, I've been impressed by how balanced he comes across. He's open to new ideas but leery of some of the "snake oil" solutions that many jump at.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using it off and on for a couple of years.
I don't think it has added any hair for me, but it might be helping to slow down the loss by the added cirulation.
My facial skin is much tighter and younger looking, though!

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Did you guys order his CD as well?

I'm interested in hearing the opinions of others, both good and bad...

jikslee

Reaction score
i actually bought his cd about 18 months ago, when i was scared of finasteride,but i had to quit the excercises.
They actually did give me lines on my scalp which appaerently means i am doing them wrong..and even after i bought cd i couldnt get them right! he seems a decent guy, though the strangest thing was id get the urge to do the SE when i was drunk and hangin out..it was deeply ingrained in my relaxation system.. can you imagine that? chilling with your mates and tehn suddenly one starts waggling his ears and his scalp is movin backwards and forwards..man i just didnt want to be that guy :hairy:

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
About twenty years ago I bought Tom's book in a Belfast store, I have been doing the exercises since then, off and on. I started going bald fast twenty five years ago, tried minoxidil (without any success) when it first became available in the Irish Republic (I smuggled it across the border!).
Now that I have found the combination which is growing my hair back I assume that the exercises kept enough life in my dormant follicles to keep them ready for the routine I have developed.
Thanks Tom.
Boru

SE-freak

Reaction score
The SE might initially give some forehead lines, but as the occipitalis muscles get stronger, your whole face is wringle free and much younger looking. I might not be sure about the SE regrowing hair on me yet, but a tight younger face is a definite yes.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Can do

Billmartini said:
what's your routine then?

Hi exercisers. First, apologies, it wasn't Tom Hagerty's book I bought over twenty years ago. He replied to me saying he only published his book three years ago. When I told him that someone else had written a scalp exercise book many years ago, he didn't write back. So, he didn't invent the scalp exercises, and the diagrams look very similar. There may be a copyright issue here. I have to go back to Ireland to find the book I bought in Belfast, probably in a box in the loft.
The essentials of my routine are as follows.

Finasteride, minoxidil, retin A cream, emu oil, and my own device to regenerate skin cells. I haven't patented it yet, so I can't describe it, sorry. I have alot of other interesting treatments, but I need to write a longer list at another time. It can be done.

Boru

SE-freak

Reaction score
Boru,

there are numerous references to several scalp exercises but none of them(at least from things I have read) is active. Most of them involve passive massage teqniques.

Toms approach is unique for me as it incorporates a bodybuilding logic to the male pattern baldness problem.

If you can fully remember the content of the book you mentioned then please elaborate. I would not stick to the name of the teqnique as to what it involves.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
SEfreak said:
Boru,

there are numerous references to several scalp exercises but none of them(at least from things I have read) is active. Most of them involve passive massage teqniques.

Toms approach is unique for me as it incorporates a bodybuilding logic to the male pattern baldness problem.

If you can fully remember the content of the book you mentioned then please elaborate. I would not stick to the name of the teqnique as to what it involves.

I will phone my folks to do a search for the old book. They were exactly the same exercises that Tom Hagerty writes about. I have been doing the exercises for twenty years. I don't think the exercises would necessarily work by themselves in isolation. However, with the various new treatments available I think that the exercises probably can help.
Boru