Saving up for hair transplant

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to tell you all about a high-interest savings account my friends and I have been using for about 2 months now.

Most banks offer a low interest rate on their savings account. This one offers 3% APY, which is about the highest you'll find anywhere and we are pretty happy with it. Transfers take place pretty quick, bout 2-3 days.

I just put in a couple thousand bucks.

When you sign up through a referral you get $25 and the person who referred you gets $10 (up to $250). If you want a referral please let me know. There isn't a minimum balance either like my old savings account at Wells Fargo.

The site is: http://www.ingdirect.com

Read up on it, but I've heard and experienced nothing but good things. 3% isn't much, but every little bit helps. And you can get a few hundred from referrings friends.

G

follijinxed this is a open forum about hairloss not a advertising place for a loan company.If you could please talk about hairloss and its issues concerning it, this would be much appreciated.

D

G

Of course, you could just get an intrest free credit card for 9 months to pay for your hair transplant. Then you just transfer that balance to another intrest free credit card and so on. So in effect, you never pay intrest on your hair transplant plus any savings you have you just keep in the bank.

But as Damien said. This is not the place for financial talk. So please keep to the topic of surgical alternatives. It's a disgrace...... :evil:

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
Suppose you are right. But right now the only thing keeping me from getting a transplant is pretty much the price. So I don't think its that far off. Don't know how someone my age can get an interest free credit card for $10K+.

This thread should be moved to the Open Discussion. I'm sure plenty of people out there are getting reamed on financing, etc.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
Of course, you could just get an intrest free credit card for 9 months to pay for your hair transplant. Then you just transfer that balance to another intrest free credit card and so on. So in effect, you never pay intrest on your hair transplant plus any savings you have you just keep in the bank.

But as Damien said. This is not the place for financial talk. So please keep to the topic of surgical alternatives. It's a disgrace...... :evil:

The days of being a rate tart are swiftly approaching their end. In the U.K. they've changed it so with 0% interest deals, you get charged a percentage of the balance to transfer it.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
That is how it is here too in the US for the credit cards I have. A significantly reduced rate on transfers. My American Express card has 0% APR for 12 months or so. But transfers are reduced to a standard rate of 4.49% or something like that.

Either way. Inflation is 3.01% in my area. So sitting in the bank at 3% will account for inflation. Otherwise you are paying -3% to have it sit there and do nothing. I figure if I put in a couple grand, by the time I get the procedure done, I'll have at least a free plane ticket.

If you can get 0% credit card AND 3% interest in the bank. so much the better.

Should be a separate section on how to finance all these things or investments that could help you save up. For the amount I spend on stuff for my hair, in some parts of the country I could almost pay mortgage on a house.

G

follijinxed either way could you please not discuss topics that are not associated with hairloss, as this is clearly a forum website for hairloss sufferers.I feel for you with the cost of a hair transplant but like alot of people in here either save up the cash or get a persoanl loan from the bank.

Damien

G

I have a virgin card and didn't get charged for transferring a a balance.

Anyway, this is off topic and I won't have it.... Right.....

G

Traxdata i just had my 2nd procedure today .I had another 1700 odd grafts filled in to my exsisiting 1300 grafts so im nice and sore at the moment.Gonna get some pics in the next few days .

Damo

G

damien said:
Traxdata i just had my 2nd procedure today .I had another 1700 odd grafts filled in to my exsisiting 1300 grafts so im nice and sore at the moment.Gonna get some pics in the next few days .

Damo

That's great to hear. Yep. Post up some pics... It will be interesting to see them. So how long will you have off work now?

G

Trax im only having 3 days off work my friend.Feeling abit better today no swelling just tightness as per normal.

Damo

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damien, the way I see it the original poster did nothing wrong. His post is relevant to hair transplants because people browsing the hair transplant forum share the same concerns - money being one of them. The chances are pretty good that a person coming to this site that is only interested in hair transplants would miss any relevant information posted here if they never look down at the off-topic thread.

However, you came in complaining about it being "off-topic" only to go and hijack the thread talking about your own hair transplant. How is that fair? The topic of the thread is "Saving up for a hair transplant." Not "How is Damien's hair transplant doing lately."

The way I see it, you owe the original poster an apology.

G

Social im not complaining about it being a off topic,people dont want to know about who they recommend for there bank and loans.People know that if you want to get a hair transplant it cost big money and the only obvious place to get the money is save it or go to a financial institution where they can lend the money>he was advertising a specific company.About my thread, i have spoken to Trax before about me going for my 2nd procedure and was letting him know that.So if i offended the original writer i apoligise but Trax also brought up the same issue about sticking to the topic of hairloss not advertising a financial company.

Damien

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Social im not complaining about it being a off topic

damien said:
follijinxed either way could you please not discuss topics that are not associated with hairloss, as this is clearly a forum website for hairloss sufferers.

damien said:
people dont want to know about who they recommend for there bank and loans.

So if you overheard a conversation on ING in a men's room would you walk up to the guys and say "Hey, this is a men's room! We piss here! Why would you talk about your bank here?!? Let's stay on-topic people!"

Look, man, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I learned about ING from another message board a while back and it was off-topic then too. I'm glad I did. I like my account with them. That is how information is exchanged. I still think the OP was in his right to post this thread. It's quite obvious that he's not an ING shill wating to pounce. He's just a guy trying to kick around some fresh ideas about the best/fastest ways to save some dough for a hair transplant with other guys that may feel his pain and can add to his knowledge.

G

Social i totally understand what your saying my friend and i wish everybody that comes on this forum the very best in whatever there trying to find an answer to.I feel for guys that require a hair transplant but cant afford so no hard feelings.These financial institutions are all so nice when you first meet witht them, then they sting you once you become a member with fees etc but which banks dont lol.Good luck with your hairloss journey anyway social,i wish you all the best.

Rgds
Damo

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
oh man, you two totally hijacked my post. You've been spamming your hair transplant pics across forums and now you try to take over the thread? gimme a break.

I'm glad your hair transplant went well and now I'm thinking about getting one, but with armani.... I figure save up and get as many more pennies as I can in hopes that prices will drop.

Bottom line is that hair transplant isn't a viable option unless you can afford it. And if you aren't using ING or have a CD, then you prolly paid at least $300 too much for your hair transplant than you should have. Maybe it doesn't mean anything to you, but thats food for a month for me.

So I'm just brainstorming ideas to save up for a transplant. I'd love it if someone would PM me and get referrals from me, I've already gotten $65 in the last two months from them. I'm sure I've sparked the interest of at least a couple grateful people.

Another way two of my friends have made money, not me yet though, is through those free ipod schemes where you get 5 referrals from friends and sign up for a service. There are forums out there where you can get 5 people to sign up real quick. You just cancel the services you sign up for and you might have to pay a little bit up front but get most your money back. They each got an ipod in a couple of weeks. You could get one and then ebay it off for a couple hundred.

Its all relatively easy money, and could add up to 5-10% off your hair transplant. which is better than nothing. But all in all, it will take me at least a year to save up with the new job I just got. Until then, hopefully my hair stays put.

G

Follijinxed well i hope you save up the money ,because it will be well worth it in the long run.Anyway goodluck!

Damo