Safest adhesive to use?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the safety of using the various glues and tapes long-term?

Also wondering what people think is the best place to buy these supplies.

Thanks guys

CCS

Reaction score
Only ultrahold and tightgrip have toluene, at least of the 7 or so glues I know of. There is an ultrahold clone without toluene.

As for knot sealer, you have such a small amount that is only applied once and dries and is on for a month, so I doubt you'd get much toluene even if there was any in there.

I plan to buy knots sealer and seal the knots once the hairs are all going the right direction. I've concluded that no one will notice the lace. My main worry is getting the hairs going the right direction.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that the lace you sent is effectively undetectable, esp. if gluing it makes it disappear even more....it's already almost undetectable when I hold it up against my scalp. I think someone would really have to be studying your hairline up very close and already suspect or know your wearing to spot the lace. The average person would never notice it if glued down right IMO.

This was the finest Swiss lace right?

I'm debating whether I should start out getting the poly perimeter to start or to go with all lace. Is the poly perim really that much more detectable?