RU intermittent / pulse dosing?

cuprous

Reaction score
From what I've read (and it's far, far from a scientific conclusion), RU has a temporal efficacy curve after which folks claim it no longer does the job. Since RU has a novel method of action vs finasteride (blocks receptors instead of blocking DHT formation) I started wondering if the hair follicle is upregulating androgen receptors in the face of constant saturation by RU. Or maybe there is a non-linear dose-response curve via some other method of action.

That written, what are arguments for or against doing "pulse" dosing - like maybe 1x a week. Anyone tried it? Or is RU more like minoxidil where "more is better" for most?

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read stories where people were constantly upping the dose of RU to keep it effective until the point where side effects occurred. It would explain your theory of AR upregulation or maybe the destructive mechanism get's upregulated so less binding DHT will do the same job. I don't know. I'm just guessing. But I was also wondering whether cycling RU and/or anything else you put on your scalp might be useful to avoid our body's adaptation.