RU 58841 ????

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Anyone heard of this product - good or bad?

This extract was taken from this source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink15.htm

RU 58841
This is the mother of all topical anti androgens. RU58841 is made by the Roussel Corporation of France. This stuff shuts down DHT at the hair follicle like nothing else. One of the major problems has been that anti androgens such as Spironolactone and Flutamide taken orally might be good for hair loss, but they cause all sorts of problems related to having low androgens in your body, such as loss of muscle, increased fat, loss of sex drive, gyno, etc.

When these same anti androgens have been used topically (put directly on the scalp) they do not cause the negative systemic side effects, but they did not seem to do much of anything for hair loss or growth either. Therefore, a topically active anti androgen without systemic effects would be highly desirable. RU58841 is a topical anti androgen that shuts down DHT at the follicle without any systemic side effects in the body!

This stuff is the best thing since the invention of the vibrator! Woops, did I actually say that aloud? Now for the bad news. RU58841 is not out for sale and probably won't be for quite some time. It is in the early stages of testing and I understand there are other reasons that it might be a long time until it hits the market.

I would tell you what those reasons are, but then I would have to kill you, and that would be bad for magazine sales...... Make no mistakes about it, RU58841 is the drug of choice for hair loss and would stop hair loss cold in conjunction with a good topical anti inflammatory. Through my secret source, I was told that the initial feelings about this stuff by the researchers who tested it was that it would probably even grow back a lot of hair for some people.

I would give my right-no make that left-gonad for some of this stuff. Oh well, maybe I can find some crazy chemist to whip me up some of this nifty compound for my own personal use. Will it cost me a nad?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
RU58841 is VERY well-known. Do a search on it on any of the hairloss sites or on PubMed or even just on Google, and you'll find out a lot more about it.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it probably is the most effective topical antiandrogen ever developed, but we desperately need human testing with it to see what impact it may have on balding (keep in mind that it's ONLY an antiandrogen, with the natural limitations that ALL antiandrogens have in that regard).

Bryan

viperfish

Reaction score
Ru can be purchased now, although not easy to obtain. It will also run you $100/month or more. I however think, like Bryan said, further research on humans needs to be conducted. It does seem to be fairly safe, but not something I would consider until further testings are completed.