Rogaine worked for me twice in the past, will it work the third time around?

reefboss

Reaction score
I have used Minodoxil liquid brand for about 3 years now, on and off, and have regrew thinning/balding areas of hair on my temples and frontal area with success each time.

This summer I switched to the romaine foam, after reading on different websites that it had better scalp penetration, but saw no results after four months of consistent, twice a day application
n, and saw that my temples areas were thinning worst. Since October I have resumed using the liquid equate minodoxil twice a day, washing my scalp before each application. I am in month two, and I have not seen a shed cycle as I have in the past, and wonder if the romaine is not working at it did for me 3 times in the past. I shave my head very low to hide the baldness, and to allow better skin contact with the med. The only thing different from my regimen is that I am not using the Axe Hair scrub shampoo that I would use daily to scrub off the flaking propylene glycol residue that would build up on my scalp.

I am little concerned because in the past using the liquid minoxidil, I have experienced a shed cycle where my hair looked worst than before before it began to get better. My hair just looks the same at this point. I am also concerned because I usually responded well to romaine in a 4 month period, and my hair was back to normal.
I also notice that I dot see the flaking, and dandruff like residue that I use to experience with rogaine in the past. Have they changed the formula, or put in less propylene glycol? As I am on my last bottle Im thinking of switching to a different brand of the liquid, and wanted to know if one brand of liquid is better than the other, or if they are all just the same.

Please share any advice or insight you may have. looking forward to your help.