Rogaine Foam.. where to buy and adding /using retin-a

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay went to the derm today for a cyst on the neck simple injection I get this a few times a year,anyways I was telling him about the rogaine foam,he said he likes it and it's much better .. also I asked him his take on retin-a and he said it's great .. it helps absorb the rogaine much better.. he noted using a very little amount as he knows I have a tendency to well over use things.. when using retin-a I suggest using a very tiny amount a pea sized amount .. on the hairline/temples (in my case) or back for some... I apply the retin-a about 1 hour before I apply the foam... I don't use the retin-a 2X a day only once.. as it's way too irritating,I do use the foam 2X a day .. I also asked about azelex (azelaic acid) he said he doesn't use it for hairloss and has no proven record of lowering dht that's what propecia is for.. oh also he said he would mix retin-a LIQUID in a bottle of rogaine (liquid) I assume.. I've never seen retin-a liquid maybe he meant crushing a loniten pill and add it to the kirkland minoxidil or whatever minoxidil you use (not the foam).. I would have gone further and asked more questions.. but I like putting the retin-a cream on the hairline and temples .. by myself.. and applying the foam later on... again please use caution when using the retin-a .. I can't tell you how strong this stuff is.. I used it for 5 days straight while using foam .. and well.. my hair was itching for 3 days .. I used kirkland for 4 years no problem and the foam no problem for about 2 months.. so procede with caution maybe use it every other day or once at night .. but a TINY amount he said it DOES help minoxidil/foam absorb MUCH better! Remember just a TINY BIT of retin-a !!!!!MY hair is back to normal now and will now use the "pea sized amount" as they say to! I hope this helps some people! I was hoping he said azelex.. would help.. but he said it's pretty much a waste for the scalp!

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use to use retin a liquid with rogaine but the liquid was discontinued.
I have less hair since i stoped useing the retin a.
I am thinking of useing the retin a micro gel
Are you useing the cream or the gel

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Otis I'm using the cream I ordered over the net,I know it works the same way I'm also using a very low percentage .025 % wanted to start out slowly... I don't use it for the face so cream/gel really wouldn't make a difference at least I think because cream makes acne worse (don't ask me why it has an ingredient to make you break out) when it's made for acne anyways,but since I use it on the saclp (hairline) doesn't make a difference to me actually I like the retin-a cream I can style the front with the small amount of retin-a ... maybe you can buy the liquid somewhere else,did they discontinue the liquid for a reason? I would think retin-a micro would be the BEST choice less irritation and good efficency,if you can get your insurance to cover it would be good make sure they know it's for "acne" not cosmetic purposes some reason they feel most use it for wrinkles... I hope you get back on the retin-a cream/micro .. what dosage of liquid did you use? Oh and do you mix it like my doctor said???

Best wishes,
Rich

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
My derm suggested to combine them together the rogaine liquid and minoxidil liquid ... he said it would be easier I wanted to ask him how long it stayed good with the combo,I might question this combo.. for minoxidil that doesn't use PPG I believe PPG is what really makes them both work... but I didn't ask him any further just knowing he does acknowledge that retin-a is a very good regimen before rogaine made me happy that i started it.. he's one of the very few derms who truly believe in these hairloss treatments I remember going to a plastic surgeon who made some lame *** remark and comment he stated by the age of 39 a man will lose all the hair he will lose and nothing after that .,.. he was 41 when I saw him,I saw him again he lost quite a bit a few years later guess he proved that theory wrong,when I asked him about rogaine and propecia he said that's all junk and it doesn't work .. I said well what do I have to lose by trying he just shut up.. almost 5 years later I've proved him wrong and have much more hair than when I was 24/25 imagine if I listened to this clown! Oh and also as I stated back in a post earlier this month or maybe last month I went to him when I was traumatized when me and a friend were drinking and he said I was losing it and thin in the back and losing it bad.. I went to the plastic surgeon (only because my ex knew him and used him) anyways .. he said if I transplaneted where you were thinning .. in 2 years you would be left with what I transplanted pretty much meaning at the rate I was going I would be bald in 2 years renedering me with just the transplaneted hair,I was NIEVE at the time,so please guys doctors who tell you it doesn't work or just push hairloss aside it's because simply they don't make much off of your hairloss as rogaine is bought in the store and they know now you can get it online for cheaper .. but by going to a well seasonsed dermatologist who you're seeing for other reasons if he is good he will tell you the truth,I'm only suprised that azelex he said doesn't inhibit dht ... and would be a waste I guess I will use it for the face as I did years ago,I just noticed when I used azelex I got alot of nose/ear hair ... that I don't have now (I don't use it anymore)! I also started azelex on the scalp quite a few years ago but stopped using it when my insurance stopped covering it.. I was going to use azelex in the morning since it's a nice cream .. and follow that up with rogaine foam and then use retin-a small amount... and then apply foam at night ... thinking this might be over kill but I figured it can't hurt maybe retin-a every other night and azelex 2X a day when not applying retin-a .. back then I had a buzz cut so .. everything was easier to apply.. now with hair even shorter.. takes more foam than when buzzed,actually find the MORE hair I grow the easier the foam is to apply as I can see where to part my hair because there is so much of it.. now that i just got a haircut I don't see many parts to put it! Have you researched any place that sells a different version of retin-a liquid.. !

Good luck,
Rich

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
NUTTY RICH

NUTTY RICH you made no point go back and read your post
what were you smoking

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you mean I made no point? I tend to ramble on but I think i was telling you about the retin-a and my experience with derms/plastic surgeons .. sometimes I reply to a few people in the same message hoping everyone reads it sorry if I confused you!

Rich