Rogaine Foam or Spectral DNC?

Jm0311

Reaction score
which do you guys prefer? is all the crap i spectral dnc worth it? or go with the Foam. will only be using on my temples at night. with a dropper for the dnc.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
Spectral looks more effective. Rogaine claims that they only work for the back of the head, while Spectral says that their product works anywhere.

The added stuff does look good, but it's your call. I'm about to start minoxidil. and am going with spectral.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Stick with the Rogaine Foam. Spectral DNC is all about hype. Plenty of potentially good ingredients, but no idea if putting them all together negates their effects and possibly even minoxidils. No trials or anything on it, just a lot of hype by the company. Rogaine Foam is proven, period.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
rogaine foam for me due to proven and cheap.

DNC is about average 3.5times the price of foam.

but i go for DNC if i have the extra cash. potentially, it should be better. at least out of all the ingredients, minoxidil and copper peptides is proven to do something for hairloss. other then that, there are a couple of ingredient which i feel might do something.

G

johnnyseville said:
Stick with the Rogaine Foam. Spectral DNC is all about hype. Plenty of potentially good ingredients, but no idea if putting them all together negates their effects and possibly even minoxidils. No trials or anything on it, just a lot of hype by the company. Rogaine Foam is proven, period.

The years of research put into a product is hype? The proven effectiveness of copper peptides, apple polyphenols, and even aminexil is hype? A nanosome delivery method that increases the effectiveness of absorption is hype?

I'm also using both. Spectral DNC in the front and Rogaine Foam in the back. It appears like the DNC areas is experiencing better regrowth than the foam areas. I'm at 3.5 months of usage now though so perhaps it's the extra ingredients in the Spectral DNC that's simply allowing it to work faster. I also noticed less thinning from the frontal areas where the DNC was applied during the time period of the "minoxidil shed".

If I had some more money, I'd certainly use the Spectral DNC all over the head rather than the minoxidil only foam.

Jm0311

Reaction score
yea i heard there is less shed with this dnc. which is something i am looking for....if i dont like dnc after use for awhile can i switch to foam without any problem?

Jm0311

Reaction score
well if you use a eye dropper wouldnt it be more cost effeicent? and about the same as rogaine foam?

G

I've heard about the eye dropper method but I don't see how that would be anymore cost efficient? You still have to spead it around on the scalp and if you're a diffuse thinner it's simply going to get on your hair. The good thing is that the scalp seems to absorb it before the hair, so I usually will try to flatten the hair that it gets on and rub whats on there into the scalp as well.

Well the packing insert from the DNC itself says that after using it for 2 years you could switch over to one a day for maintenance, shouldn't be any problem going from DNC to foam except you lose the other ingredients.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
johnnyseville said:

The years of research put into a product is hype? The proven effectiveness of copper peptides, apple polyphenols, and even aminexil is hype? A nanosome delivery method that increases the effectiveness of absorption is hype?

I'm also using both. Spectral DNC in the front and Rogaine Foam in the back. It appears like the DNC areas is experiencing better regrowth than the foam areas. I'm at 3.5 months of usage now though so perhaps it's the extra ingredients in the Spectral DNC that's simply allowing it to work faster. I also noticed less thinning from the frontal areas where the DNC was applied during the time period of the "minoxidil shed".

If I had some more money, I'd certainly use the Spectral DNC all over the head rather than the minoxidil only foam.

Show me one study that a product with all these ingredients was superior to just plain minoxidil.

Jm0311

Reaction score
i dont know....they company says they "researched" this. im sure they just added the ingrediants because they sounded good...which im sure some do work.....but i cant find anywhere what kind of herbal mix or whatever is even in there....and what kind of peptides are in there?

G

Jm0311 said:
i dont know....they company says they "researched" this. im sure they just added the ingrediants because they sounded good...which im sure some do work.....but i cant find anywhere what kind of herbal mix or whatever is even in there....and what kind of peptides are in there?

A scientific approach is never just "tossing in ingredients" because they sound good. DS Labs has superb customer service, instead of speculating that their product is fraudulent, why don't you guys actually contact them?

Here ya go too Jm (formerly uscmarine, you can change handles?): What kind of Copper Peptides are in Spectral DNC

If Bryan's opinions of a product are favorable than that should also tell you something. Now his thoughts on government would be a completely DIFFERENT story! :D :wink:

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the foam just because of the ease of use and cosmetic benefits that people report from using it compared to dnc which will make your hair look like crap, which in turn may force you to miss an application because you may have to go out. The foam also absorbs much better.

The more likely you are to use something the better chance of success.

And goddamnit is your user icon distracting...

Jm0311

Reaction score
haha yea thats julia bond.............Mmmmmm. im thinking starting the foam. i could use a boost in my temples. although i do know that i have to use this indefinetely