Rogaine Foam how much is too much

Reaction score
My first can lasted me longer then a month but then the second one only three weeks. Before I would use a half a cap full and apply it with cold hands, but now I spray directly onto hair.

What is the right way and how dangerous is it to apply too much.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
My first can lasted me longer then a month but then the second one only three weeks. Before I would use a half a cap full and apply it with cold hands, but now I spray directly onto hair.

What is the right way and how dangerous is it to apply too much.
Thats the same way I've done it. Now, I just apply the can to my sclap sometimes I get carried way and put too much. I have been getting alot of headaches lately I wonder if its due to the foam?

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
I put half into the cup and apply twice a day(there's been about 2 or 3 days where I missed 1 of the 2 applications). I am going into my 3rd week of the foam and it seems like I might have some extra left over. The side effects could be heart problems or other things that's listed right on the can or in the pamphlet. Tha main reason I don't use more is because I'm afraid of water retention and my face getting bloated.

Reaction score
I am also afraid of side effects, but I am tryin to cover more then just the vertex, because I guess half a cupfull is meant just for vertex area.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i fill half the cap up and before i do i run it under the cold water so that my handling of it doesnt make it melt,then i just scoop it with my finger and apply where necessary

one can lasted me exactly a month :hairy:

Reaction score
libertine said:
i fill half the cap up and before i do i run it under the cold water so that my handling of it doesnt make it melt,then i just scoop it with my finger and apply where necessary

one can lasted me exactly a month :hairy:

I am slowly going back to this amount, meaning cupfull which should cover 'the affected area' .