Rogaine foam drying time and showering.. Seriously..

omarshari

Reaction score
I've been doing my research here and there and there doesnt seem to be much of a definate response to this question...
I'm thinking, since the foam dries so fast, 5 minutes would be enough time to wait until I can shampoo and go on with the rest of my day..
The only reason the liquid rogaine recommended waiting 4 hrs is because the the liquid more or less stays on the scalp the whole time until you wash it off..
I'd like to know what others think?

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
don't wash your hair 5 minutes after aplying the foam... :lol:

whatever you use, more time is better
the foam stays on the scalp too, like the liquid version... just dries quickly, and the liquid put your hair greasy for a long time.

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
You have it backwards

You shampoo your hair for a few minutes at most,no need to scrub or massage harshly. I then would apply the Rogaine FOAM after hair is 100 % dry,it only takes a few minutes to dry and your set,basically your way is useless foam/liquid stays on the scalp till washed off and needs to be there at least 4 hours.Oh and before you use the foam run it under cold water for about 10 seconds(the can),then shake well it will be in a foamy form,as it sometimes goes runny,also rinsing the scalp after shampooing with cold water helps it not melt as quick especially good if you have longer hair,I don't personally think putting it in the fridge is safe or no evidence yet would hate to ruin it for a hunch!

Regards,
Rich

Meddller

Reaction score
I'm new to the foam also. Do you apply it once out of the shower when the hair is still wet? Can you use a hair dryer once it's applied?

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
nice tip off about running cold water on the can nuttyrich.

and no, i wouldnt put it on when your hair or scalp is wet. it doesnt seem to absorb so well.