Rogaine 5% foam

daisy8737

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm new and I WILL get around to telling my story when I'm not quite so busy. I am a 38 year old woman. I was diagnosed at the age of 11 as having "Alopecia Tractionitis" and I was told that as soon as I stop constantly pulling my ponytails so tight, that my hair would grow back. It has not grown back and is currently not falling out. Has stayed the same ever since it fell out with no change. I have had bloodwork done for autoimmune disorders and I do not have that problem. I was using Rogain 2% for about a year nonstop and it made no difference. I want to try the Rogaine 5% and I received it today, however it says not to use if you are a woman. I am curious as to why. Is there is a 5% solution for women? Would somebody please clarify... If I am really not supposed to use it, I guess I'll send it back.

barcafan

Reaction score
Hi daisy!

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from this problem, the good news is that theres a much higher chance for you to recover your hair than us guys. The only reason 5% minoxidil is 'not' for women because it can cause unwated facial hair (Unless you're into that thing :D). Just remmeber, minoxidil is a 'forever' type treatment so you'll have to stay on it.

Do you have any pictures of your current hair condition?