Rogaine 5%.. add propecia?

zaid918

Reaction score
Hello, I am 23 and have experienced a receding hair line, particularly in the widow's peak area. So, I have that U shape going.
I started using 5% twice a day for the last month or so. I have seen many blonde hairs surfacing at the top of my forehead and in the widow's peak area. It seems to be working. I have a few questions:

I just bought finasteride 1mg from qualitygenerics.com but I have slight skepticism about actually adding this drug to my current regimen. Should I wait 6 months or so before I add propecia to my regimen?
If I started propecia now, will I experience more shedding. Will this re-shed the new hairs from rogaine? It looks like the rogaine shedding may have ceased.

Also, I apply minoxidil in the morning and let it sit and approximately 25 minutes later, I add hair gel. Is this detracting from rogaine's effect ?

I shampoo every night with Nioxin and apply nioxin scalp therapy for 10 minutes following.

G

zaid918 said:
I just bought finasteride 1mg from qualitygenerics.com but I have slight skepticism about actually adding this drug to my current regimen. Should I wait 6 months or so before I add propecia to my regimen?

no, I think it would be best to start on the propecia first, minoxidil will only grow hair from a slowly shrinking set of follicles, propecia will stop the follicles shrinking so you have a good base from which to attempt to grow a decent head of hair (usually using minoxidil)

zaid918 said:
Also, I apply minoxidil in the morning and let it sit and approximately 25 minutes later, I add hair gel. Is this detracting from rogaine's effect ?

apparently not from everthing I have read.

zaid918 said:
However, I do shower every monring. I only shampoo every night with Nioxin and aply nioxin scalp therapy for 10 minutes following.

that's nice.

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
hey

stay with the minoxidil it is the best growth stimulante. Get on propecia right away if ur serious about keeping ur hair. It actually limits the production of DHT which is causing u to bald, minoxidil does not do that.

By the way Nioxin is garbage. It is not going to do anything for ur hairloss, but it is a nice shampoo. Anything that says it can wash DHT off the scalp is a bunch of sh*t. They are fuckers that are trying to take uneducated (in terms of hairloss) peoples money.