Return of the indie fringe *hopes*

citizen_insane

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a reader for a long time, finally decided to jump in and say howdy. I'm 28 and from the North of England. Yes it's grim up North! hehe. Probably been noticing signs of hair loss for longer than I'd first thought, but since I've always had quite long-ish hair styles plus swept over indie/emo fringe, it was hidden a bit. I'm a musician and artist, so of course my hair is incredibly important to my image and I have really relied on it to give me confidence in the past, always got a lot of compliments, asked where I had it styled, that kind of thing, so losing it is really an absolute non-starter for me! I'm not particularly tall and can be introverted so my hair and indie clothes and style are the cornerstones of my confidence and since my hair has been thinning my confidence has gone to zero.

I'm a diffuse crown and vertex thinning dude, and I've thrown a lot of things at my hair loss, mostly because when I first noticed it I was actually living in Finland, which is super expensive anyway, and limited options for hair loss treatments, so I hit the supplements and on visits back home to UK I'd stockpile whatever shampoos and things I could carry and run with them. So my current attack:

Propecia, been 6 months now, 1 mg tablets cut in half so 0.5 mg per day (to limit sides)
Nizoral 2% used every few days
Revita Shampoo, mainly because it also has ketoconazole, plus no SLES
Emu oil shampoo
Omega 3 supplements
Biotin
Inositol
Nanogen Intervention tablets, only because I managed to get an almost free 6 month supply from a hair products website running a promo. Wouldn't have paid for them, not sure they are doing much

So I had a massive shed when I started propecia, getting quite a lot of fine hairs appearing on the hairline though, which seems cool, still seem to be dropping a fair bit of hair daily, which might just be natural and I guess I'm looking out for it.

Tried 5% minoxidil Regain foam but had to drop it because it turned my skin to crap and gave me really dry, tired eyes. In the past I've been with saw palmetto, a curcumin and resveratrol combo, tried oral cetirizine, pretty much anything going! Shampoo wise I rotate quite a few, I like Alpecin, not sure it's doing anything for my hair loss, but cosmetically my hair looks good and is manageable after using it, got some Sebamed too, anything to fill the days I don't use Nizoral. Got the dreaded haircut soon, something I used to love and now am terrified about because it exposes my thinning. Still want to keep my alternative/indie look as long as I can though.

Any suggestions to my regimen?

Peace guys!