Retin-A/Trentoin: How long between successive applications?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering about whether everyday once versus twice daily or even once weekly application affects facial rejuvenation and things like minoxidil eyes and hair line improvements.

Thanks,
janey

Last edited:

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering about whether everyday once versus twice daily or even once weekly applicationaffects facial rejuvenation and things like minoxidil eyes and hair line improvements.

Thanks,
jaeny
I've been using either Adapalene or Tretinoin for about 3 years now.

I started off using 0.1 every night (go big or go home). Suffered badly with shedding and irritation/soreness.

Dermatologists seem to recommend using the weaker strength a couple of times a week initially, then gradually building up to once every night. Then after a year, you can reduce application back to a couple of times a week where you should yield the same results.

Microgel is my personal favourite, but it's really important to find a simple skincare routine that incorporates a good moisturiser and sunscreen (which I still haven't found as every sunscreen seems to break me out).

Regarding facial rejuvenation, I haven't seen any big improvements, nor have I seen any changes to my hairline. I've now incorporated azelaic acid into my daytime routine.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using either Adapalene or Tretinoin for about 3 years now.

I started off using 0.1 every night (go big or go home). Suffered badly with shedding and irritation/soreness.

Dermatologists seem to recommend using the weaker strength a couple of times a week initially, then gradually building up to once every night. Then after a year, you can reduce application back to a couple of times a week where you should yield the same results.

Microgel is my personal favourite, but it's really important to find a simple skincare routine that incorporates a good moisturiser and sunscreen (which I still haven't found as every sunscreen seems to break me out).

Regarding facial rejuvenation, I haven't seen any big improvements, nor have I seen any changes to my hairline. I've now incorporated azelaic acid into my daytime routine.
Oh my Goddess. Janey has been using extraordinary amounts according to what you detail. But I have no negatives to report except tenderness one day and it might have been from the microneedling and the Retin together. I am trying the collagen eye treatment. MtF's or guys or whatever, cosmetics and cosmetic treatments can do a lot, maybe especially for XY's if they look into it. Microneedling plus Retin and for me, Estrogel, might work wonders.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh my Goddess. Janey has been using extraordinary amounts according to what you detail. But I have no negatives to report except tenderness one day and it might have been from the microneedling and the Retin together. I am trying the collagen eye treatment. MtF's or guys or whatever, cosmetics and cosmetic treatments can do a lot, maybe especially for XY's if they look into it. Microneedling plus Retin and for me, Estrogel, might work wonders.
Jesus. I can't imagine how much my face would hurt applying Tret after microneedling, especially during the initial months.

What collagen treatment are you doing? The golden eye patch things?

Yeah, I'm going to persist with Tret. The general consensus from dermatologists seems to be that it's the gold standard with respect to anti-aging.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus. I can't imagine how much my face would hurt applying Tret after microneedling, especially during the initial months.

What collagen treatment are you doing? The golden eye patch things?

Yeah, I'm going to persist with Tret. The general consensus from dermatologists seems to be that it's the gold standard with respect to anti-aging.
No, Loreal or the other one. It's cream in a jar way bigger than necessary so you go though it way too fast but it's only 7 bucks and I can't tell what works because of so many great treatments which didn't use to exist. And retin-A before and after microneedling with Estrogel known to be healing too.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, Loreal or the other one. It's cream in a jar way bigger than necessary so you go though it way too fast but it's only 7 bucks and I can't tell what works because of so many great treatments which didn't use to exist. And retin-A before and after microneedling with Estrogel known to be healing too.
Not saying I am always right or representative but I just have always been modeling different hormone levels related to hair and everything is coming up A's even if I can't prove my theory only confirm that something like that happened once to someone with an amazing protocol when looked at individually and as a whole.