retin-a or azelic acid?

emo

Reaction score
Take a look at these results after 4 months on only Azelic Acid + minoxidil. Not ground-breaking, but there may be a bit of an improvement perhaps ...

G

emo,

thats probably the minoxidil and not the azelaic acid.

emo

Reaction score
Yeah, i am dropping the AA and switching to finasteride by the end of the month anyway. If i can't tolerate finasteride I can always switch back to AA again.

That current AA+minoxidil solution cost me £250 for 6 months supply (£45 per month) from a medical clinic in the UK, which is well overpriced if you ask me.

If i switch to finasteride i'll probably start using regaine foam for my minoxidil application. finasteride + foam works out at £20 a month. And with a 4 month head start on the minoxidil i may hopefully see some better results.

The only problem is i'll have to import the finasteride because I can't get anyone to prescribe it for me. Which i have to admit does worry me slightly.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would say definately retin-a instead of azelaic acid, since it is the only one that actually have some scientific studies to prove its efficacy. Moreover azelaic acid's job can be done by other proven medications like finasteride or spironolactone lotion, while retin-a works in a different way than other drugs and it has been proven to work. It has sure worked for me.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
i use the 0.025 version and see no real result for half an year
i'll try maybe the 0.05

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using the 0.05% EOD since Jan07 in combo with Rogaine foam (2x daily), really makes a difference. May begin using it daily once I plateau with it.