Retin-A Micronized Gel Thicken Up Scalp!

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estriol + tretinoin def helps, but there are still hairs that arent growing properly.
May I ask, For topical Estrogens, do you tend to stick to Estriol only or do you use Estradiol sometimes as well?

I've researched "Estrogens for Hair Loss" and I'm still confused on whether topically (applied to scalp) E3 or E2 is likely to be more beneficial.

I have an Estradiol Cream .1% concentration and an Estriol Cream 1% concentration and I'm thinking of using the E3 cream on one side of my scalp and the E2 cream on the other side for several months to get a sense of which E offers most improved growth for my DUPA hair thinning. Do you foresee any issues with this sort of 50/50 approach? I'm a cis-female (with early ovarian failure) on transdermal estradiol and oral progesterone.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask, For topical Estrogens, do you tend to stick to Estriol only or do you use Estradiol sometimes as well?

I've researched "Estrogens for Hair Loss" and I'm still confused on whether topically (applied to scalp) E3 or E2 is likely to be more beneficial.

I have an Estradiol Cream .1% concentration and an Estriol Cream 1% concentration and I'm thinking of using the E3 cream on one side of my scalp and the E2 cream on the other side for several months to get a sense of which E offers most improved growth for my DUPA hair thinning. Do you foresee any issues with this sort of 50/50 approach?
Are you an MtF?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I can help, let me know. I have a long experience with estrogen topicals. I think that is an interesting idea both for science and anecdotally but it might not provide the best results. There are 3 main estrogens, E1 is estriol, E2 is estradiol and E3 is estrone. They all are likely to work somewhat on the scalp but we don't know if they work on the scalp or only through the scalp. They are all feminizing and estradiol is the strongest. I would like to know what brand creams you have and I can recommend others too.

They all go systemic which should be fine for a cis-female but you might want to monitor your testosterone and E2 levels.

Last edited:

biohacker1

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have an Estradiol Cream .1% concentration and an Estriol Cream 1% concentration and I'm thinking of using the E3 cream on one side of my scalp and the E2 cream on the other side for several months to get a sense of which E offers most improved growth for my DUPA hair thinning. Do you foresee any issues with this sort of 50/50 approach? I'm a cis-female (with early ovarian failure) on transdermal estradiol and oral progesterone.
Both are fine, I use estriol because i prefer it over estradiol for other unrelated reasons.
Bi-estro is also a good choice.

biohacker1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I can help, let me know. I have a long experience with estrogen topicals. I think that is an interesting idea both for science and anecdotally but it might not provide the best results. There are 3 main estrogens, E1 is estriol, E2 is estradiol and E3 is estrone. They all are likely to work somewhat on the scalp but we don't know if they work on the scalp or only through the scalp. They are all feminizing and estradiol is the strongest. I would like to know what brand creams you have and I can recommend others too.

They all go systemic which should be fine for a cis-female but you might want to monitor your testosterone and E2 levels.
you mixed up E1 (estrone) and E3 (estriol)
Also, in term of safety and usefulness estriol >= estradiol >>>>> estrone

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you mixed up E1 (estrone) and E3 (estriol)
Also, in term of safety and usefulness estriol >= estradiol >>>>> estrone
I wouldn't mix the notion of safety with effectiveness. I would break them out separately. I am not big on estriol alone as a therapy. I think that you need too much to get anywhere and that E2 is much more practical and much stronger. For males, it is conjectured that estriol should produce less breast growth based upon estrogen-receptor variances among estrone, estradiol and estriol but I don't know of any testing done. Pegasus uses it, I believe, to good effect in a male context but I don't think that he is shooting for a juvenile hairline.

I think that estrogen might work better for hair loss via scalp application than using parenteral forms but I don't think that we know. @bridegeburn used it; I use loads but this could all just be systemic activity not localized. I think that it does work better to apply to the scalp but we don't have a lot of science backing it up. Funny how none of the other topicals seem to get absorbed through the scalp or that they struggle to while estrogen slides right in.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Random Thoughts related to HRT and Hair loss

This is post-industrial society and with us at peace, the U.S., I mean, males aren't necessary any longer. You guys aren't MtF's, most of you but there is a calming aspect to being chemically female that many find really pleasant. When males are needed, it is always them doing the shitty work like lumberjack, steel worker, coal miner, stevedore, farmer, i.e. back-breaking work.

I still mostly think of myself as male though so it is an interesting dynamic. Half the time, I forget that I changed my name and I still use male pronouns but now I use them semi-randomly so sometimes I use she and at times, they. The thing is that I ended up liking this so I don't know. I just don't know whether I only did this for the hair.

As to the baldness treatment debate, as soon as I put the wig on, I started get attention and I started making friends more easily and Covid19 ruined all of that. In my male person, still bald for months from the shed, I sometimes got treated like crap eh but romantically, women seemed to groove on the dress and now I have to decide if I am just going to keep going back and forth or pick a persona because it doesn't matter to me. I have noticed with my hair improvement that I never get clocked but it is probably more so my carrying around a pair of D-cups that I simply cannot hide any longer. They have gotten too large. So, everybody be careful what you wish for cause nothing in life is free.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Where is all the evidence?
Yeah, for the face it definitely works and it works probably for the hair but there aren't many studies related to efficacy, maybe one. Right now, the people most likely to add tretinoin usually have extended stacks to the point where we honestly have little idea unless something is added one at a time but I have started on castor oil and oral minoxidil so I can't really separate what's doing what but estrogen works. I know that, lol.

biohacker1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't mix the notion of safety with effectiveness. I would break them out separately. I am not big on estriol alone as a therapy. I think that you need too much to get anywhere and that E2 is much more practical and much stronger. For males, it is conjectured that estriol should produce less breast growth based upon estrogen-receptor variances among estrone, estradiol and estriol but I don't know of any testing done. Pegasus uses it, I believe, to good effect in a male context but I don't think that he is shooting for a juvenile hairline.

I think that estrogen might work better for hair loss via scalp application than using parenteral forms but I don't think that we know. @bridegeburn used it; I use loads but this could all just be systemic activity not localized. I think that it does work better to apply to the scalp but we don't have a lot of science backing it up. Funny how none of the other topicals seem to get absorbed through the scalp or that they struggle to while estrogen slides right in.
Geez the walls of text you write are impressive.
E2 is indeed much more powerful than E1 or E3, and it has a 1:1 receptor simulation ER-a and ER-b, E1 being more ER-a focused, and E3 being more ER-b focused. Estriol alone works pretty well for thickening the skin, and help with hair growth, even in small doses. It also doesnt seem to have noticeable systemic side effects, my muscles being perfectly fine is a good indicator of that. I guess you could get away with small doses of estradiol without any sides, but estriol is easier to manage, and stimulates ER-b over ER-a, which seems preferable. Estrone is trash though.
Estrogen is lipophilic, so it can cross the skin's cell barrier with little effort. Go take a basic pharma course on youtube if you want to know more about how that stuff works.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez the walls of text you write are impressive.
E2 is indeed much more powerful than E1 or E3, and it has a 1:1 receptor simulation ER-a and ER-b, E1 being more ER-a focused, and E3 being more ER-b focused. Estriol alone works pretty well for thickening the skin, and help with hair growth, even in small doses. It also doesnt seem to have noticeable systemic side effects, my muscles being perfectly fine is a good indicator of that. I guess you could get away with small doses of estradiol without any sides, but estriol is easier to manage, and stimulates ER-b over ER-a, which seems preferable. Estrone is trash though.
Estrogen is lipophilic, so it can cross the skin's cell barrier with little effort. Go take a basic pharma course on youtube if you want to know more about how that stuff works.
I do want to know. I have an inquiring mind. Thank you. I have a mind now where all I see are data points and I can just retrieve them when necessary. I am for all the different types of research. I wish one could get estrone easily. I am sure that I will try most of the estrogen ingestion methods and that helps me sort of know what the quirks are. Then I had that spironolactone shed. I am one of the first minoxidil people and one of the last from a decade in the early 80's where I went a year with no treatment till I found polysorbates. I have been very fortunate hair-wise. It could have been far worse.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, for the face it definitely works and it works probably for the hair but there aren't many studies related to efficacy, maybe one. Right now, the people most likely to add tretinoin usually have extended stacks to the point where we honestly have little idea unless something is added one at a time but I have started on castor oil and oral minoxidil so I can't really separate what's doing what but estrogen works. I know that, lol.
What is your castor oil regimen? I've just bought some as well. Also, I don't want any other effects apart from hair growth, so how is estrogen effecting you and is it topical?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your castor oil regimen? I've just bought some as well. Also, I don't want any other effects apart from hair growth, so how is estrogen effecting you and is it topical?
I bought some from Amazon. I will post a pic but it will take some minutes to upload and I will try to tell you anything else about it. I am pretty new to it. Finally, it uploaded.

Attachments

• IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

biohacker1

My Regimen
Reaction score
be careful with it
your body hair will explode in growth speed
you will get long eyelashes out of it tho

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
be careful with it
your body hair will explode in growth speed
you will get long eyelashes out of it tho
Why thank you for telling me that. I mean I got quoted $4000 to laser the neck down. Even at Oral min at 12.5, it's worth it but I will taper down soon. I just love my latisse and oral minoxidil eyelashes.... I literally have no hair on my torso just from the hormones and none under my arms. Every single thing that Jane does in my life comes up aces and Will flubs every single chance that he gets.

Literally, Goddess told me to do all of this and I have followed Her without question.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a good schtick even if not true but I swear to Goddess, She told me right in the middle of visitation with my children to do this so I did. I had a thought and She gave me a cute personality, I think, although Will could be abrasive. I'm not crazy; Will just draws me this way.<bats eyelashes>