Reputable hair transplant in the UK?

starman

Reaction score
Hi,

I've decided I want a hair transplant - FUE, I think it is. I've been on proscar for 4 months so far, I plan to get a hair transplant early in the new year. I realise the risks involved but my plan is to get a very hot girlfriend once I've recovered from my hair transplant and use my charm so that when my island of hair seperates from the rest of the balding process in years time, I've already settled down ;) nah, just kidding..(kind of..)

I'm roughly a Norwood-2A-3.

Can anybody recommend a proven/good/reputable hair transplant clinic in the UK and also, how much do you think it would cost roughly to get from a Norwood-2Aish to a 2

so far I have 500 pounds in my savings. I just need to know how much I should stack for the next few months

Thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oh dear, you have much to learn :shakehead:

starman said:
Can anybody recommend a proven/good/reputable hair transplant clinic in the UK

No because there is'nt one.

starman said:
and also, how much do you think it would cost roughly to get from a Norwood-2Aish to a 2so far I have 500 pounds in my savings. I just need to know how much I should stack for the next few months

That wont even pay for the deposit. Fue will cost you at least £2,000 even for your small amount of hairloss.

Vega

Reaction score
its an old argument, but its not true that there is noone good in the uk Dr. Rogers is a good middle of the road solid surgeon, slightly pricey though

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dr Rogers is the best in the UK (in that he's not a complete butcher like the rest) but thats no big achievement, he's not in the same league as the big names from Canada and the US. He is years behind in practicly every area of hair transplant surgery. I've seen many guys go to Rogers then opt for surgery abroad because he did'nt give them satisfactory results.
IMO you cant compare, if youre from the UK either travel to a reputable surgeon or dont bother getting a hair transplant.

starman

Reaction score
hmm okay, so you're saying around the 2k mark which is okay with me, I was expecting around that much after reading several other threads on here.

sooooo I guess it's canada then for the hair transplant. Armani it is. I just thought I'd ask about a UK one for convenience. I best stack that wallet from now on.

Thanks people.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Falceros said:
As some of you may know, Pat Hennessy, the Publisher of Hair Transplant Network visits potential leading hair restoration clinics all over the world to determine whether or not they perform state of the art hair transplantation. Those who truly perform first-rate hair transplantation are recommended on our Network. Many hair restoration clinics however, are immediately scratched off the list of clinics worth considering or visiting based on their use of outdated techniques and poor patient results determined by prior research.

Many of you are painfully aware of the very poor track record that UK clinics in particular have. Because of this, many hair loss sufferers in the UK have felt compelled to fly vast distances to do surgery.

However, based on my research and in person visits by Pat, I believe that there are a handful of hair transplant clinics in Europe who are on par with the best clinics in North America.

Over the past ten years, Pat has discussed with European hair transplant patients in person their experience and seen first hand hair transplant results from the good, the bad, and the mediocre hair restoration surgeons of the UK.

Therefore, Pat choose to visit the following clinics which looked most promising in Europe:

Dr. Bijan Feriduni – Hasselt, Belgium
Dr. Jean DeVroye – Brussels, Belgium
Pro Hair Clinic in Belgium

Note – Dr. ********, with the BHR clinic in Brussels, looked impressive. However, he was in the USA during Pat's visit and thus not available for Pat to observe his surgery.

Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester, England (Physicians Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo)
Rogers clinic in London (physicians – Dr. Rogers and Dr. Stevenson)

To view the highlights and photos from these clinical visits, view the forum topic - Tour of Leading Clinics in Europe.

Falc

With respect Falc,

I have seen the report on Rogers clinic and I cannot believe you recommend him, he is hardly H&W material and his fue results are appauling have you seen them??

As for Farjo, I have read a few reports that his clinics results are below parr too, he did Shaun Williamson (Barry Evans from Eastenders) and that wasn't the best result I have seen either.

I guess these guys sponsor pats site site falc, but from looking through the forums the best european hair transplant clinic with constant good results has to be ********, it's a shame Pat never got the chance to visit his clinic, otherwise the US and Canada is the way to go

Lucky

Starman: avoid all the UK clinics, they are all poor and a lot more expensive!

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think its fair to say that although Pat reccomended these clinics I'd bet my house that he would'nt choose a UK clinic for work on his own head. :whistle:

starman

Reaction score
Hmm this changes a few things. Maybe I'll investigate more on the Belgium clinics as I would much rather go somewhere a bit closer to home but obviously bearing in mind that quality would override convenience. :lost:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Falceros said:
I would feel confident in the surgical chair of either of Farjos. They are the only one we currently recommend in the UK.

Obviously you would'nt mind spending your life walking round with a 2nd rate hair transplant on your head then? :dunno:

Just do a search on this clinic on any of the hair transplant forums, you'll find scores of unsatisfied patients most of whom have then had to go abroad to get their hair sorted out.
Where are their good results? These companies have very few examples to show and even their best (Sean Williamson, Greg their showcase/salesman) are not nearly as good as the average patient from Hassan and Wong, Feller, Cole, Armani etc.
Starman you cant afford to let travel get in the way of results. If the best result can be found in Australia then thats where I'd go. Remember you have to wear a hair transplant and its outcome on your head for the rest of your life. I got butchered by UK clinics who claim to offer state of the art hair transplant's but are completley incompetant thats why I'm on these forums to warn others.Dont let a few hours on a plane determine your appearance. Anyway with the £ currently at over $2 its even cheaper to get a good hair transplant than a bad one.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good advice s.a.f. for a start you are not paid to be on these boards, I think falc is, and I am astonished he 'plugs' (no pun intended) poor hair transplant clinics

starman

Reaction score
[quote="s.a.f]Starman you cant afford to let travel get in the way of results. If the best result can be found in Australia then thats where I'd go. Remember you have to wear a hair transplant and its outcome on your head for the rest of your life. I got butchered by UK clinics who claim to offer state of the art hair transplant's but are completley incompetant thats why I'm on these forums to warn others.Dont let a few hours on a plane determine your appearance. Anyway with the £ currently at over $2 its even cheaper to get a good hair transplant than a bad one.[/quote]

Yeah, You're right. This is why I opted to go on these forums before even considering consultation with any hair transplant-companies as they're all biased/delusional especially in an industry like this where you're playing with pessimistic/depressed people prone to wishful thinking and company-buttered-lies with a cherry on the top. :thumbdown2:

I've got 2/3 months to do my research, I guess I'll start burying through these boards.

One last question though, is Europe hopeless as well for hair transplant? -

RaginDemon

Reaction score
go to the states or Canada for it, its worth the flight.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
starman said:

One last question though, is Europe hopeless as well for hair transplant? -

not 'hopeless' but north america is far and away the best place to go

starman

Reaction score
damn okay, gotta add another 500+ to my savings now (airline tickets, hotel, travel) bah!... :thumbsdown:

s.a.f

Reaction score
In the longrun its worth paying a little extra.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Falc have you ever actually met anyone who's had a Farjo's hair transplant?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Any happy UK customers out there care to speak up? :dunno:

starman

Reaction score
I can understand Falc being neutral and open minded as that is your job/responsibility as a rep from a organisation attempting to build an elaborate database on clinics out there. I appreciate the open mindedness (no pun intended) -

So I went through many archives and I think I will pretty much go with Armani once I have the money. I realise he may be a bit pricey but you can't put a price on confidence!!