Removing Tape From The Base Of A Thin Skin Unit

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that wasn't easy.

Ordinarily, with lace, I can easily detach the by spraying alcohol through the hair and onto the tape clinging to the lace.

But with poly, you don't have that option, as the base material really isn't that porous.

What are your tactics?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that wasn't easy.

Ordinarily, with lace, I can easily detach the by spraying alcohol through the hair and onto the tape clinging to the lace.

But with poly, you don't have that option, as the base material really isn't that porous.

What are your tactics?
It's very simple. Start off just find a edge usually at the back, squirt a little alcohol or c22 and remove.

Once the system is off you can use the same method to remove tape from the base

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
x2,
i am getting a poly this week and looking for informmation about removing the system and the tape,
i read about outing some daily tape and then put stron tape so the cleaning is easier,
well every information help, thanks

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
x2,
i am getting a poly this week and looking for informmation about removing the system and the tape,
i read about outing some daily tape and then put stron tape so the cleaning is easier,
well every information help, thanks
I've heard the same as well but it's nonsense. All these tapes are made super thin so that the system Contours to your head. Why would you want a double thickness? And have to remove double the amount of tape?

It is very simple to remove the tape with alcohol or c22.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that wasn't easy.

What are your tactics?

I did some experiments using tapes on UTS skin base and poly skin base. If I use Walker1522 tape, it's easy to remove with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Just spray the isopropyl alcohol over the tape to remove it. Then rinse with water or use dawn dish detergent to wash the skin surface. Make sure peel off the tape slowly to avoid tear the hair system, keep that in mind.

If I use stronger tapes, it will be a different story. I was a newbie at that time and used Walker Lace Front tape on UTS. The cleanup is quite a challenging task and time consuming. I used a lot of isopropyl alcohol , C-22 and Walker lace release to remove it. Those stubborn residues left on base was so difficult to get rid of it.
Sometimes have to scrub hard to remove the residue from the base. I don't like to soak the hairpiece in alcohol, C-22 or Walker lace release for hours. I think it would shorten the lifespan of the hairpiece.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did some experiments using tapes on UTS skin base and poly skin base. If I use Walker1522 tape, it's easy to remove with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Just spray the isopropyl alcohol over the tape to remove it. Then rinse with water or use dawn dish detergent to wash the skin surface. Make sure peel off the tape slowly to avoid tear the hair system, keep that in mind.

If I use stronger tapes, it will be a different story. I was a newbie at that time and used Walker Lace Front tape on UTS. The cleanup is quite a challenging task and time consuming. I used a lot of isopropyl alcohol , C-22 and Walker lace release to remove it. Those stubborn residues left on base was so difficult to get rid of it.
Sometimes have to scrub hard to remove the residue from the base. I don't like to soak the hairpiece in alcohol, C-22 or Walker lace release for hours. I think it would shorten the lifespan of the hairpiece.
I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble. I Supertape and ultra hold around the entire perimeter straight down the center and a piece of in the front behind the hairline. I can remove all the tape and residue in under 10 minutes with alcohol. I don't soak it as that will cause damage. I just spray it on the base.

If it's really stubborn you can use c22 on a Q-tip and as you're peeling the tape back keep spinning the Q-tip between the tape and the base and that'll get it all off easily without getting the base saturated with c22 which is yet another thing you don't want to do.

Keep it simple.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble. I Supertape and ultra hold around the entire perimeter straight down the center and a piece of in the front behind the hairline. I can remove all the tape and residue in under 10 minutes with alcohol. I don't soak it as that will cause damage. I just spray it on the base.

If it's really stubborn you can use c22 on a Q-tip and as you're peeling the tape back keep spinning the Q-tip between the tape and the base and that'll get it all off easily without getting the base saturated with c22 which is yet another thing you don't want to do.

Keep it simple.

Obvious I have no experience working on hair systems at that time.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Keep it simple.

what is a Q-Tip?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
here you go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190930-032055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-032055_Chrome.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 80

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, could you please be more specific, my english is not so good, squirt a little in the base and use the Qtip with alcohol?
thanks again
It is very simple just get the alcohol under the edge.

How would you get a stubborn Band-Aid off? Same way

Just trying to help but, you're making a way bigger deal out of it than necessary.

It's no different than a piece of tape stuck to the wall. What would you do? You start peeling up the edge and putting a solvent between the tape and the surface to break the bond... correct?

Last edited: