Regular shampoo...

G

I am thinking of going back to Nizoral every third day in place of T/Gel everyday. What regular shampoo do you guys use in between Nizoral days.

Distressed.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
i shampoo my hair 4 to 5 times a week with l'oreal vive for men thickening anti dandruff shampoo and 1 or 2 times with t gel. i would have a dandruff problem because of minoxidil. and had to use t gel all the time.. thank god for the vive for men shampoo i just mentioned. i don't think when i used t gel everyday, it was good for my hair or scalp. by the way. i feel nizoral is overated despite it being constantly mentioned in the big 3. it didn't help my scalp at all to get rid of the effects of minoxidil on my scalp let alone anything else. vive for emen thickening dandruff shampoo does what nizoral does plus more in my opinion and it costs less than 4 dollars and lasts months

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ix said:
i feel nizoral is overated despite it being constantly mentioned in the big 3.

Analysis of the different parameters set up in the study shows that the hair diameter gradually increased with Nizoral use (+8.46%) over a 6 month period...

The sebum excretion rate was reduced with Nizoral (-6.54%)...The number of hair shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by 16.46% with Nizoral...after 6 months.

Finally, the percentage hairs in anagen phase increased by 6.4% and 8.4% respectively during the study time. The results are similar to a previous study done on 2% prescription strength Nizoral where it was shown that use of 2% Nizoral yielded a 7% average increase in hair shaft diameter similar to what was achieved by the control group using 2% Minoxidil and a non-medicated shampoo.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
Red Rose said:
ix said:
i feel nizoral is overated despite it being constantly mentioned in the big 3.

Analysis of the different parameters set up in the study shows that the hair diameter gradually increased with Nizoral use (+8.46%) over a 6 month period...

The sebum excretion rate was reduced with Nizoral (-6.54%)...The number of hair shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by 16.46% with Nizoral...after 6 months.

Finally, the percentage hairs in anagen phase increased by 6.4% and 8.4% respectively during the study time. The results are similar to a previous study done on 2% prescription strength Nizoral where it was shown that use of 2% Nizoral yielded a 7% average increase in hair shaft diameter similar to what was achieved by the control group using 2% Minoxidil and a non-medicated shampoo.

well..it did none of that for me..and i used it for a year.. the sebum excretion wasn't reduced, etc.. and to be honest. i think if they did the same study with the shampoos i mentioned or even other shampoos, i guarantee that they'd have the same results if not better as nizoral did in that study. the fact is that not all shampoos are in a study to know so. that's just my opinion though. as for me, nizoral did sh*t. it's not bad, but it's not great.. didn't improve my hair situation any better than when i use vive for men with finasteride. and minoxidil

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ix said:
well..it did none of that for me..and i used it for a year.. the sebum excretion wasn't reduced, etc.. and to be honest. i think if they did the same study with the shampoos i mentioned or even other shampoos, i guarantee that they'd have the same results if not better as nizoral did in that study. the fact is that not all shampoos are in a study to know so. that's just my opinion though. as for me, nizoral did sh*t. it's not bad, but it's not great.. didn't improve my hair situation any better than when i use vive for men with finasteride. and minoxidil

Good point.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suggest you buy 20 or so different brands in the smallest amount you can find, give each one a try and see what works for you. You may also want to consider writting a letter to shampoo companies explaining that you want to try a new brand of shampoo and request a sample of there product, who knows they may send you one.

stevieb

Reaction score
well..i have been using rogaine 5% for the past 4 months and i just started using nizoral 1%....i would like to know if you guys think that this shampoo has any effect on slowing down hairloss!!!

i know there have been numerous studies that showed that the active ingredient in nozoral does yield benefits and it should be included in your regime!!

how long would it take for the shampoo to have any, if any, effect on male pattern baldness?

thanks guys!!!!