regrowth = discipline

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been on a very strict regimen for 3 mos. now and have noticed regrowth and better hair quality. Even after seeing these improvements, sometimes I get to the point where I'm tired of the regimen and think less and less about being so strict, could see myself skipping a few days here and there. This is coming from a very disciplined person that pushes myslef in other areas of my life including gym, work, school, etc.

Now I have come to the realization that a huge percentage of people after months and months of finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil are not seeing results and maybe seeing recession, are having these problems because they haven't stuck to their regimen like they should. These guys come on here and talk about losing hair still and having no results and put off the new people simply because these people get to the point of taking their medications whenever they feel like it.

I doubt you could even get these same people to admit that they have skipped dosages, taken only a few dosages here and there, etc. It's so easy to see people getting frustrated even in the first month because they want things to happen here and now! Who else agrees?

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Packers said:
It would help if you told us what your strict regimen was...

I mean being strict to your regimen. I just take finasteride, nizoral, multi's, flax, GSE, and Zinc.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
wangho75, first NEVER look at your stick-to-edness as a handicap!!! Can you imagine how many people there are who would give almost anything to have your stick=to-edness?! With perseverance comes results and with results, success! I agree with you, regrowth=discipline. There are waaaaaaaay too many things these days that are instant and that includes the way that we tend to look at anything that takes a while to accomplish. So many get fed up with any hairloss treatment that takes longer than a month to see results. I will NOT include any of the guys in this group with those who do not persevere. What can I say but that the regrowth is WORTH the wait!!!

SE-freak

Reaction score
obviously the problem arises when you are not being able to see progress- even if it is slow. That is when you get hopeless and jumpy. I can totally relate to this feeling but that would never make me step back from a regimen.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheBaldingMenace said:
wangho75, first NEVER look at your stick-to-edness as a handicap!!! Can you imagine how many people there are who would give almost anything to have your stick=to-edness?! With perseverance comes results and with results, success! I agree with you, regrowth=discipline. There are waaaaaaaay too many things these days that are instant and that includes the way that we tend to look at anything that takes a while to accomplish. So many get fed up with any hairloss treatment that takes longer than a month to see results. I will NOT include any of the guys in this group with those who do not persevere. What can I say but that the regrowth is WORTH the wait!!!

I kind of liken it to overweight people that stick to a diet for 2 weeks. They don't realize it's a life-long schedule and slowly but surely, a Big Mac a filters in here and a double-fudge chocolate blast bonanza sundae there, till soon enough, that same bad diet is on the daily menu.

I'd also like to add that Im a big fan of the tv show 'Lost.' I frequent the boards and see posts ALL the time about how people are fed up with all the questions and want answers to the mysteries NOW!! They want the answers or they are not gonna keep watching by season 2. Some of the same people quit watching near the end of the season because of having no gratification of having their questions answered. You can see how this equates to people trying to grow new hair.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
No i don't agree with what you're say people. There's no guarantee for results, though consistency (sticking to the regimen) improves the chances of getting results, but IT DOES NOT guarantee it, so you can't say consistency = regrowth. What's you're saying means basically that the 34% of the people who did not experience regrowth while on propecia it's because of them not having being desciplined!!! Hell no, it just happens to work for some people and not for others, and that's it. Once again descipline enhances your chances of regrowth but does not offer it to you on a golden plate.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaPlaya said:
No i don't agree with what you're say people. There's no guarantee for results, though consistency (sticking to the regimen) improves the chances of getting results, but IT DOES NOT guarantee it, so you can't say consistency = regrowth. What's you're saying means basically that the 34% of the people who did not experience regrowth while on propecia it's because of them not having being desciplined!!! Hell no, it just happens to work for some people and not for others, and that's it. Once again descipline enhances your chances of regrowth but does not offer it to you on a golden plate.

but Im willing to bet a higher percentage of the 34% didn't see results because of a shabby regimen. So maybe my broad sweeping claim still holds true. Originally, my statement was meant to include only that percentage that WOULD see regrowth in the first place.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
but Im willing to bet a higher percentage of the 34% didn't see results because of a shabby regimen. So maybe my broad sweeping claim still holds true. Originally, my statement was meant to include only that percentage that WOULD see regrowth in the first place.

then you're somehow contradicting yourself my friend :lol:-- read between your lines. Your statement shoud say descipline= MORE regrowth. then i would agree with you 100% 8)

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to take another run at it. How about discipline=possible regrowth? Of course it's a given when you make a statement like discipline=regrowth that NOT everyone will see regrowth due to genetics etc. But I do see your point as it's our discipline + our own body's way of accepting or rejecting the treatment that makes the difference.

curetheloss

Reaction score
well i didn't read the last couple posts about jessica alba's *** or whatever but I definitely think discipline is extremely important for minoxidil. In college I was on it for 6 months or so but due to drinking heavily I would pass out without using it so i missed quite a bit of applications. After a couple months on it and propecia this time with missing like 1 or 2 times in many months I noticed small hairs at about 3 months. So i guess im saying apply 2 times a day everyday greatly improves chances of regrowing hair.
curetheloss