Regrow ACT : to Speed Development of Regenerative Medicine

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
[h=2]Senator Kirk (U.S) said[/h]
"From the Kirk press release:

“Unfortunately the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has identified the current lack of regulatory standards in this area of medicine as an impediment to treatment development. Countries like Japan and England are outpacing the U.S. in regenerative medicine therapy development due to new regulatory policies that the U.S. has yet to mirror.

S. 2689 will allow the United States to regain prominence in the field of regenerative medicine science and bring therapies quickly to the patients that need it most.â€￾

Mike Coffman:
“The development of regenerative medical treatments is one of the most exciting aspects of modern medicine. These products, developed from adult stem cells, show potential to fully restore or establish normal function in damaged human cells, tissues, or organs,â€￾ said Coffman.

Currently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversees the development of regenerative applications based on a patchwork of regulations. The FDA simply does not have an approval process in place to best consider these new, innovative therapies. As a result, other countries, particularly Japan and the United Kingdom, are quickly outpacing the United States in the development of regenerative treatments".

Sources :
http://www.kirk.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1691
https://coffman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/coffman-introduces-regrow-act

--

Let's hope Republican biblethumpers have no say in this. We NEED regenerative medicine in the States to give Japan and everyone else a run for their money. Competition ultimately benefits us, the consumers.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for always being at the sharp end of this stuff Hellouser. Can't say it enough how much we appreciate you.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
..............Mike...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damnit! I want part of this. If I change my avatar to a picture of Jessie, can I be involved? :laugh:

Only, and only if you've got the one of him with his head shaved.