Regaine Foam vs. Liquid (Who uses both?)

Brogain

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding Regaine to my regime. After reading many posts of this forum and other it is seems that the following can be said for each solution. Please feel free to add your own pro/con personal experiences to this thread.

Foam Pros Dries quickly, Easier to style hair after application, Smells nice

Foam Cons More expensive than liquid, possibly less effective than liquid as does not penetrate the scalp as well when.

Liquid Pros Can apply it directly to scalp and not to hair, Cheaper than foam

Liquid Cons Takes ages to dry, Hair does not style as easily, does not smell too great.

With that being said I was wondering if anyone uses both. For example, applying foam in the morning when you are in a rush to get somewhere and using liquid in the evening perhaps a few hours before you go to bed.

Any thougts?

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Brogain said:
With that being said I was wondering if anyone uses both. For example, applying foam in the morning when you are in a rush to get somewhere and using liquid in the evening perhaps a few hours before you go to bed.

Yep I do exactly that, Foam in the morning and I used to use Regaine liquid in the evening, but now switched to Kirkland liquid to save cash (I have some Spectral liquid I'm using up at the moment too).

Kirkland and Spectral are both very cheap from biovea.net It also seems to be cheaper to get foam from there too (even though it's imported Rogaine).

Btw both foam and liquid are now odorless, the 'scented' Rogaine foam is being phased out I believe. I think the UK Regaine foam is unscented (tho not tried it) so I wouldn't worry about smell at all.