recovery rate with propecia/nizoral

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
if extreme thinning/hairloss is recent (from thick to thin in less than a year), is the recovery rate using propecia/nizoral/folligen more effective as opposed to many years of hair loss?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its difficvult to say, most people expereince a sudden thining and receding during their initial stages of male pattern baldness then their hair loss stabilises after some time.

The initial thinning and receding is all dependent on genetics. some people get a sudden but minimal loss of hair while others get it really bad thus coining the term "going bald overnight"

are u suffferring from male pattern baldness or just diffuse thinning/Telogen Effluvium ect....pls be more clear...

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure what i am suffering from.... my father has classic, my mother is a thinner.. when my hair is very oily with rogaine, i can somewhat see the typical horseshoe pattern (in back). Its def thinning, but not evenly... (on vertix, left is more than right)

and just recently, my temples thinned, but not back, but towards the inside.. (again, not evenly.. i little more on the left side)

tell me what i have..
Im using propecia (6 weeks), rogaine (3 years), and nizoral (5 weeks)

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jfrank said:
I'm really not sure what i am suffering from.... my father has classic, my mother is a thinner.. when my hair is very oily with rogaine, i can somewhat see the typical horseshoe pattern (in back). Its def thinning, but not evenly... (on vertix, left is more than right)

and just recently, my temples thinned, but not back, but towards the inside.. (again, not evenly.. i little more on the left side)

tell me what i have..
Im using propecia (6 weeks), rogaine (3 years), and nizoral (5 weeks)

Did see a Derm to confirm, if then how can u be taking propecia?

Most likely Its male pattern baldness for u.......since both parents have hair loss....I cant comment abt the severity though or your final male pattern baldness result when u reach 40........But dont take my word for it...See a derm and verify

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm seeing a derm tomorrow.. i got propecia online (pharmacom.com), but after tomorrow, i'll be getting a perscription..

my mom and also have a wierd thyroid condition... (i had my thyroid tested, and will have results tomorrow)

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm.. weird. I don't get the genetics thing. My father at 60 has thinned pretty bad, but his father and two brothers all have PERFECT hair. My father always had a hearing problem and has been depressed his whole life over things with anxiety issues and his two brothers and father have always been pretty carefree cool. My mom's dad has a perect head of hair also, but her brother is bald. He is a bit slow in the head ever since he was in a car accident really young and faced a bit of torment from teasing all of his life.

I'm beginning to think anxiety and depression have a lot to do with thinning hair. Maybe an antidepressant, multivitamins, healthy diet, and strenuous exercise is the best thing to do for thinning hair.