Recovery From Telogen Effluvium ? Or Am I Deluding Myself?

Webbling

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

Back in the mists of time or November 2018.

I came back from a holiday know affectionately as the god forsaken place. I went to Mexico and Guatemala and on my way back I bought a passenger back with me in the form of an amoebic parasite. It is as disgusting as it sounds.

To spare you the indelicate details, I ended up losing 26 pounds in two weeks and had a 5 day hospital stay.

I soon recovered and hopped on my merry way. Until about 6 weeks later when I noticed my hair falling out especially in my brush and in the shower. I was losing up to around 300 hairs, I cried a lot and felt extremely ugly and googled extensively. I went to my GP who said it could be any number of things, which did not help my brain or mood at all. After some more googling I self diagnosed myself with Telogen Effluvium. Its been about 2 and a half months since the onslaught of hair loss and it does seem to be slowing down. I have definitely noticed a reduced amount of hair fall. Could this be a sign the Telogen Effluvium is going into recovery?

My Telogen Effluvium was diagnosed by a trichologist just to ease my mind. The trichologist also set me some natural shampoos to use and a hair tonic which increased blood flow in the scalp to help with hair growth. I also had a congested scalp from bacteria that was allowed to thrive when I was so ill as my immune system had taken such a big hit. So she advised I have a weekly scalp cleanse for 4 weeks. This is quite an expensive venture so I am going to see how I go with this. I also take a Biotin supplement along with Perfectil. I have tried to reduce stress, (not much help from Telogen Effluvium) and a better healthier diet.

Telogen Effluvium is horrible and has knocked so much of my self confidence it has left me feeling like an ugly sea witch.