Recognised side-effects, experienced by around 4% of users..

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
It was well known that "less than 2 men in 100 experienced side effects..." Even my Propecia prospect says that..

Wikipedia article talking about 4%...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

"Recognised side-effects, experienced by around 4% of users, include erectile dysfunction, and less often gynecomastia (breast gland enlargement). In trial studies, side effects ceased after dosage was discontinued."

And don't tell me wikipedia is not serious, because their statistics are taken from serious and trusted places. :)

RTJBJ

Reaction score
bubka said:
the 2% are the ones whos sides did not go away after a years time... initially 4% did have sides

from where did you get this info.. ???

on the propecia web site it was stated as following

"n clinical studies for PROPECIA, a small number of men experienced certain sexual side effects, such as less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, or a decrease in the amount of semen. Each of these side effects occurred in less than 2% of men and went away in men who stopped taking PROPECIA because of them"

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Take that "2%" with a grain of salt - those in the test weren't exactly young.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Those numbers are bullshit. I think that almost everyperson will experience some sort of side from this the only question is how this sideeffect will appear. It could be so mild that you don't even notice and it could affect your erection, cause acne etc so you notice straight away. I don't see how it's possible to alter someones hormones and not get sideeffects.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you think that? Because you had sides?

Felk

Reaction score
Well i agree that if you take a drug, the chances are that drug is going to have side effects.

The truth is every drug has side effects.

However those side effects could be anything from a temporary loss of libido, to a reduction in your body hair, to a prevention of prostate cancer, or of course the commonly mentioned 2% sexual sides such as erectile dysfunction or breast enlargement.

The drug isnt somehow just going to effect your hair. Take a look at a different angle - growing hair could be seen as a "side effect "for someone taking proscar for BPH :wink:

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well we only have to take this crap for another year or two before HM comes here. Ive been putting a bit away here and there - got 14k saved up so far, should easily have 25k by the time HM is reality. It was going to be a hair transplant, but I can hold out another year for the perfect hairline.

Its going to be awsome waking up with a full head of hair, no topicals or propecia. I cant wait!

bubka

Reaction score
RTJBJ said:
bubka said:
the 2% are the ones whos sides did not go away after a years time... initially 4% did have sides

from where did you get this info.. ???

on the propecia web site it was stated as following

"n clinical studies for PROPECIA, a small number of men experienced certain sexual side effects, such as less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, or a decrease in the amount of semen. Each of these side effects occurred in less than 2% of men and went away in men who stopped taking PROPECIA because of them"
here is data from a few finasteride studies..
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/propecia_ad.htm

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:

Then I think you should inform MERCK in UK that their prospects are wrong.

They are talking about 2% in all cases, those whos side go away and those whos not. 2% in total. :)

G

Thinning said:
Well we only have to take this crap for another year or two before HM comes here. Ive been putting a bit away here and there - got 14k saved up so far, should easily have 25k by the time HM is reality. It was going to be a hair transplant, but I can hold out another year for the perfect hairline.

Its going to be awsome waking up with a full head of hair, no topicals or propecia. I cant wait!

I'm Norwood 1.5 just on propecia and nizoral now, same as bubka. Will HM fill in a bit of hair at the crown or do you have to be a much higher Norwood to benefit from it? Thanks.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
I'm Norwood 1.5 just on propecia and nizoral now, same as bubka. Will HM fill in a bit of hair at the crown or do you have to be a much higher Norwood to benefit from it? Thanks.

I think its sorta like a hair transplant but they have unlimited hairs. They pull a handfull out of your head - where you are not balding, clone them, then re-inject them into your scalp.

So I think it would work fine for you also.

G

Thinning said:
JayMan said:

I think its sorta like a hair transplant but they have unlimited hairs. They pull a handfull out of your head - where you are not balding, clone them, then re-inject them into your scalp.

Wow and this will be here in 5 years definitely?

Felk

Reaction score
Its a bit more than a hair transplant with unlimited hair i believe.

Well, I hope so, as a hair transplant can never achieve original density. You can't put transplanted hair that close...

I believe you inject the cells, or something, taken from your donor area, into the scalp, and it produces thick hair like in your donor area.

Anyway ask nervx, news2, or DaSand, who have been discussing it further.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Thinning said:
JayMan said:

2008, but I am hesitant to be one of the first until I see the sucess of others.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, it will probably be expensive for a while, too. would it be a monopoly? nothing wrong with monopolies as long as they exist because they made something new, and not because they took over an existing industry.

G

Thinning said:
JayMan said:
Thinning said:
JayMan said:

2008, but I am hesitant to be one of the first until I see the sucess of others.

Me too. If it comes out until 2008 then I'd like to wait till 2011-2012 or so. Propecia should be able to maintain me until that point and hopefully the price will have come down to 5k or so by then too.