Receding Hairline...input on FUE or Strip for my case

srod

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a longtime lurker and its not until this year that I realized I've moved to that point were I gotta either shave it all off or do something.

I don't think I have the face to pull off the shaved look. I'm now 35..been on rogaine since 22 and have been taking 1/4 finasteride for the last two years. I feel its worked to prevent the inevitable but now its here.

Can I get your guys honest opinion around how many graphs I would need? And what would be the typical cost for my situation?

I'm thinking of going with Keene here in Tucson.

Srod

- Nizoral, Rogain Foam and finasteride

Attachments

• 6891051053_ht.jpg
    6891051053_ht.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 308

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
srod said:
I don't think I have the face to pull off the shaved look.

Do it and ask some of your female friends on what they think.

If they like it, then you will like it.

srod

Reaction score
Yeah you might be right. I must just have to give the bald look a go first and see if it suits me. I'm getting to a point where I think my hairline is receding so much that I HAVE to do something about it. Meaning I either go completely bald or I get a touch up in that area.

Full Head of Hair > Bald Look > Receding Hair Line

I tried to grow my hair out a little and it actually isn't a bad style but could look a lot better with something done. Is that usually what most people try first? Go bald and if they can't handle then do the surgery? I just wonder what people would think..."Damn the guy went completely bald...now he has hair...does he have a complex or something?" LOL...the fact is they would be right.

SROD

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
srod said:
Hi all,

I've been a longtime lurker and its not until this year that I realized I've moved to that point were I gotta either shave it all off or do something.

I don't think I have the face to pull off the shaved look. I'm now 35..been on rogaine since 22 and have been taking 1/4 finasteride for the last two years. I feel its worked to prevent the inevitable but now its here.

Can I get your guys honest opinion around how many graphs I would need? And what would be the typical cost for my situation?

I'm thinking of going with Keene here in Tucson.

Srod

- Nizoral, Rogain Foam and finasteride

Your hairline suits your face. If you must, then go for a 1000-1500 grafts and lower hairline by not more then 1 to 2 cms. You seem to have thick calipre hair which will work in your favor. Cost varies. I will suggest you first choose your options and research the doctors. Then focus on the cost. Different doctors are good in different things. Look out for one that matches your requirements.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im 25 and have stopped the hairloss for now.. even gained some the last 2 years.
But i would def do a hairtransplant of 1000-1500 to get my original hairline back. just my thoughts on it...
You stil have allot of hair left for later hair transplant if any problems comes later.
I would do it right now if i had the money.. but im a student.. last year so i wil just have to wait =)
+ since i got my self a new girl i prob wont be thinking that much on my litle problem :p
Who knows, i might forget all about my hair :p