[ Read This. ] My victory(sort of Revolutionary) against Balding(male pattern baldness).

Tysa13

Reaction score
Long have i thought to write this, and so i end that longing right now.

I am 18 now. Started at about 16(thinning , receding).

Was torture.absolute torture. I specifically hate people who say 'get over it' and 'shave & move on'

Why the hell should I? i am a 17 yo stud, for satans sake! . I need my hair , and i need it nice and dense.
Alas that wasnt to happen , and my hair went on thinning and the line kept on receding.

but never once did the feeling of 'giving up and accepting my fate' strike me as a plausible feeling.
I serached and surfed , and only god knows how many things i tried.

I moved to a new city about one year ago , and thats when things started to go downhill really fast.
You see , there is a lot of stress when you move out of your natural habitat to a new place without your family. And that stress may not be apparent to you , but its there , and it shows.

My hair went on receding really fast , coupling with thinning.
I was like-- 2491549-8279852493-jacki.jpg

Everywhere i went , i had to check on the placement of my hair. Be it in the bathroom or the reflection on the rear-end of a car.
And the wind! thy evilness led me to frustration and anxiety that knew no bounds.
And when someone you are talking to breaks his eye contact to glimpse on your forehead , where hair once was.

I know that you know what i am talking about.

[i shall discuss here only 2 medications. i have tried other things as well , but they are the ones that really work]

So , anyways , moving on , i started with finasteride.
i knew it was an extreme measure(for someone about 2 months from 18) , but my condition was becoming more unbearable by the minute and i knew something drastic was needed.

Finasteride(Finpecia)

And so i began taking the pill. I live in India , so I was lucky. The price of that here is 50₹ for 10 tabs. Which means a months supply costs less than 3$.:punk::punk::punk:
It is a high quality product from a big pharma company.
So i took it once everyday ,along with Tinfall ( a combo of biotin and folic acid).
It stopped everything.
It didnt necessarily improve stuff , but stopped the bad stuff from happening.
I hope you know how finasteride works , because i wont tell you.

Biotin(tinfall) did help. It definitely does. No controversies here.
it made my hair denser,thicker and healthier.
The immediate effect was great , but eventually,i think, the body got used to it , and the results werent drastic , so to speak.

I took finasteride for about 8-9 months. then i stopped it. Mainly because i started using minoxidil on my receded hline , and also because my stocks ran out and i was too lazy to refill them.

My relationship with finasteride had many ups and some downs , but i will not discuss them here ,so that i could give sufficient footage to the star of the show
(No, It's NOT minoxidil!)

Minoxidil
So , i started with minoxidil recently , mainly because it was quite expensive. A 60 mL , 5% minoxidil soln costs upwards of 500₹.
It may not sound much to a firangi from a developed country( about 10$ ) , but as a high school student , who wanted to keep everything secret , from everybody ,
I had to give a pref to finasteride . Besides it seemed like to much hardwork...

But it works.
I started applying it on my receded area , and voila! , make way for the one and only , our superstar, the HAIR!
:love::woot::wow::notworthy
It is not out-of-the-world sort of thing, but there is hair. Not vellus hair , black hair. they are thin and small , but they are there , and i have done about a month of it.
i havent always been spot on on its application. Some days i would apply late , or early , or just once , or even never.
But as someone who has literally been thinking hours a day,almost everyday,on about how to improve my hair , this is a welcome gesture.
:sobbing: Finally something that paid off ! :sobbing:

Anyhoo , It is time for me to unravel what i found. The hero of my recent story.
This is something i started doing recently.
It has increased the density of my hair and made them thicker , so much so , i cannot see my scalp(on top of my head) in bright light or while wet in front of a mirror.
It is something we all can do , and it costs 39.95$ only!
jufft Kidding
Although you do need 2 hands. if you dont have them , borrow them from someone else.
So what is it? I call it the A-1-3 method.
other people would probably call it massaging. They would be right to do so.
It is

Massaging or relaxing
I know that doesnt make much sense but carry on.

let's bring some logic here.

Logic: Hair is a dead tissue. alive are the follicles ,and they , like vampires ,live on blood.
Your hair grows from these follicles which are present on a thin membrane on which we find our scalp.
This thin membrane , stretches from the Occipitalis muscles from the back , to your forehead(google anything suspicious)
This thin membrane is made up of blood vessels. Loads of them , pumping the juice to your follicles.

Before i move on , i need to ask you something - Have you ever had an headache?
What do you think caused that? brain Doesnt have pain receptors, so it has to be something on the outside.
And it is. According to wiki , there are 9 areas which cause ,alone or in combination , headache.
Most common headaches are tension type headaches.What happens is that the thin membrane gets tensed up due to stress.

Now , tension doesnt neccesarily have to cause a headache. it can be there , in the background , causing you misery but you have gotten used to it. And you have forgotten what the pre-tension days felt like.
i can say that because thats what i have
felt myself.
I remember one day i was trying lucid dreaming with the aid of an audio induction.
In that the person first relaxed me , so that i could move into lucid dreams.

Although i didnt have a lucid dream that afternoon , i did have this amazing ,cool feeling on top of my head , slightly to the left.
By cool , i mean as if someone had put a cool , dense liquid inside my brain , in a particular area , and it felt awesome. That feeling very gradually evaporated , but i remember having a lighter head that day. I have never had such a great experience like that , after that. [Which may be because i never tried that audio tape again.]

Now ,that day , I was 15-16 yo. I blames increased the circulation to my brain for that cooling effect , but since brain doesnt have any pain receptors , it was actually the relaxation of some long tensed muscle/head membrane(membrane is not an appropriate word for it , but whatev).

I found this accidently. i was having headaches , so i youtubed for a head massaging tutorial. I found a lot of good ones , and even saved one of them on my pc for future use. I felt great after doing that,so i did it again he next day(or the day after that,idk). And it felt great.
I used hair oil.It is an indian brand called 'Navratan'. i use it because it gives a slightly cooling effect , and the smell is not too bad. Also it is great for hair conditioning .
(I do the massaging usually 3 times a week. The day after, i shampoo my hair with a ketaconazole shampoo.)

And my hair got great,among other good things.

What i found was there are these nerve endings which get tensed up a lot due to stressful events in ones life.( I also found such tensed up nerves on my face. )
Especially those above and around my ears.( i wear specs , and sometimes wonder if their arms are doin some harm ..it is possible ,yk..)
Also , relaxing or meditating helps. Meditation is one thing you should do without thinking twice.

Rest i would say , go discover yourself.
Experiment , as i did , and never give up.

I am not a very successful person in real life. I fail almost as many times i attempt.
But this is something i am proud of.The fact that i got through such troubling times , of which balding was just a small part of the problem,
(almost had a suicide and whatnot) , but i withstood , and never gave up(on my hair).:punk::punk::punk:
Thats the message i wanna give to you all...

and thats it folks! Hope you get your hair in better shape.
Please add/critique anything you know and i dont seem to from this post.
I will be happy to be wrong.

Thanks!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Your right, massage can relieve a lot of stress. Only problem is that I am talking about Oriental Massage and it does nothing for your hair.

Tysa13

Reaction score
Being rigid , and thinking you know it all isint the right attitude.
I have stopped taking propecia.It has been a month since i did that. That was after 8 months of continuous usage.
My hair is still intact,infact it has recently gotten much,much better. Thats what gave me the push to write this long article.

About minoxidil , i am just using it on the front-receded part. not on the whole head.I am taking no other drug whatsoever.

The fact of the matter is , hairloss is caused by stress and the lifestyle one follows, directly and indirectly.
Yes , genes do play the main role in deciding who gets baldness , but humans are not supposed to go bald this early.

if you really blame dht (or that recent 'groundbreaking' discovery) for hairloss, howcome everyone who took propecia doesnt have a head full of hair? My hair was worse than it is now,after a month of stopping finasteride.
If you don't blame that to be a reason , what do you think it is? [genes have no predisposition to rid you of your mane at 17]

It is not hocus-pocus , new age crap , but a fact. You dont want to believe in that because it sounds abstract , and it works differently for different people

If you dont believe what i have to say , dont. But atleast have the courtesy to not de-motivate others.

I will be happy to be proved wrong.

thanks

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
I have stopped taking propecia.It has been a month since i did that. That was after 8 months of continuous usage.
My hair is still intact,infact it has recently gotten much,much better.

It takes up to 3 months for a hair in the telogen phase to fall. If you stopped all medication, you wouldn't see the impact of what you've done before 2 months. I strongly advise you to continue taking propecia if you want to maintain your hair, because you're probably gonna have a massive shedding in a month or two =\
I practice scalp massage too by the way, it makes me feel good and it can't be harmful, but I'd never substitute a proven medication for it (currently on finasteride) !

Tysa13

Reaction score
It takes up to 3 months for a hair in the telogen phase to fall. If you stopped all medication, you wouldn't see the impact of what you've done before 2 months. I strongly advise you to continue taking propecia if you want to maintain your hair, because you're probably gonna have a massive shedding in a month or two =\
I practice scalp massage too by the way, it makes me feel good and it can't be harmful, but I'd never substitute a proven medication for it (currently on finasteride) !

It is not a substitute for propecia. I stopped propecia for other reasons. I might start it again if i see massive shedding , but i don't see it right now, and i have been off it for over a month.
I am not saying that propecia isint some sort of a wonder drug. It is. it helped me when i had nothing else. If you take finasteride , you should continue. i want to experiment,cause after all it is failure that teaches us the most.

And it is not massaging that i preach. It is relaxing the scalp(and face,neck,etc.)
My hair is better than it has been for years.Maybe i am an isolated case. Maybe not.

To completely answer your question , i would have to wait for 2 more months. i will not take propecia just because of the fear that something might happen after 2 months.
I take responsibility for my decision. If things go south, like you said , i will gladly admit i was wrong and start with finasteride again.
:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
It is not a substitute for propecia. I stopped propecia for other reasons. I might start it again if i see massive shedding , but i don't see it right now, and i have been off it for over a month.
I am not saying that propecia isint some sort of a wonder drug. It is. it helped me when i had nothing else. If you take finasteride , you should continue. i want to experiment,cause after all it is failure that teaches us the most.

And it is not massaging that i preach. It is relaxing the scalp(and face,neck,etc.)
My hair is better than it has been for years.Maybe i am an isolated case. Maybe not.

To completely answer your question , i would have to wait for 2 more months. i will not take propecia just because of the fear that something might happen after 2 months.
I take responsibility for my decision. If things go south, like you said , i will gladly admit i was wrong and start with finasteride again.
:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Get back to us in 2 months, im curious on whats going to happen.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why did you stop it?
well i d also say continue with finasteride if things werent so bad, otherwise i have nothing to say but best of luck.

Tysa13

Reaction score
You know what? , you guys are right. I don't really have a good enough reason to stop propecia. i think i just got too cocky with the results and all...
although i would continue to take it in a much less frequent form. i am thinking of taking one every third day. I have read a lot about the fact that you dont need to take it everyday to help with your hair.

Not to say my results werent swell.they were. And what i said above does make sense to me.
anyways , the 2 month thing is off. Sorry for those who were interested to observe my lab-rat-ness.

nikhil_korlahalli

Reaction score
Ya why did you stop finasteride in the first place? Any side effects or something? And did you have any initial shed?
Btw, even I'm an Indian and have been on minoxidil for almost a year. Debating on starting finasteride. Had super good results in first 4 months and then things just started to go downhill from then on.
And ya, massaging is definitely good. I remember before starting with minoxidil I used to massage coconut oil almost every other day and I had extremely thick and black hair. Though the receding never stopped. Nonetheless, massaging along with something like minoxidil And finasteride is definitely something people should try out!

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
what's the name of your korean tonic?