Re: Thenational's Story -3yr update- 4yrs proscar - Stopped

multispeed27

Established Member
Reaction score
thenational said:
I've been deciding should i go back on. But this was my thinking on it:

Women will get with men who are bald. Women will get with men who have hair. No women are going to want to stay with men who can't perform in bed. Fooling around with a women in bed and not getting hard was one of the worst experiences of my life - much worse than being bald (of course there is v**** which i don't want to take - scheduled sex isn't my bag)

I'm 25 now and plenty of my friends are losing their hair so if it happens i'l just have to embrace it.

5 years on propecia isn't a great idea imo i've only been on it under 4 years but count myself lucky that my libido is stabilizing

Agreed. Balding affects many men everyone knows. But ED is REALLY ruining your life.

I thought my ED was from stress and pressure. Once I quit finasteride I noticed I have been lying to myself all along - within 4 weeks I woke up a night with erections, had morning wood every day again and the most fulfilling sex life in years. And it's been like that ever since I quit finasteride. I wish this wasn't the case, trust me. And it also didn't come over night. In retrospect, it took me around 9 to 10 months before I started really having the ED issues that even ruined my relationship back then.

No more f*****g with my hormones for me.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
So true.

Hair loss is a horrible thing to happen, especially when you are young but it will never stop you from meeting women and having a decent sex life. Impotence is a huge problem whichever way you look at it. No woman want's to be with a man who can't even perform in bed. I don't feel like i have a reason to live anymore.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Agahi said:
I dunno, didn't he say he could still wank off, but stopped doing it because it put pressure on the situation? Knowing that, he could still obviously get aroused and such. Knowing this from his post a case could be made for the performance issues being mental, especially considering the issues started when he got a new girlfriend. Nerves are a crazy thing.

Yeh nerves are a crazy thing, i think a great deal of it is/may have been a psychological issue.

I felt the worst thing possible for me was reading up on the horror stories of propecia side effects and thinking my ED may never go away. It can be quite an easy thing for your mind to convince you of something which may not even be a problem.

I have been taking arginine for a while now and whether or not this is a placebo effect doesn't really matter. The strange thing i have noticed is that my penis is bigger than it was before propecia (not much maybe half an inch) but as each day goes by i feel a little more confidence being restored

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you man.

Did you by chance lose some weight? I hear weight loss can contribute to penis length increase (couldn't test for sure, I'm super skinny lol)

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
No weight loss, i've put on 2 stone in fact (28 pounds) for rugby over the whole period of taking proscar.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Small update

My hair is really starting to shed now, i guess the proscar is starting to leave my system.

On the plus side my erection has been better than ever, after a rocky few weeks a while ago it has definitely been back to its old self.

I am half tempted to go back on proscar if i'm to be honest, it's horrible to see your hair just falling out in rapid fashion.