Rate My Regimen (+ My Story / Background)

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 30, having a wedding in 2 months and just bought a house in the burbs. Yikes time!

Background/Story:
Been very limited worried wise on/off about my hair since about 24 when I first noticed sides creeping up just a tiny bit (also thanks to my dad who was bald by 20 so he freaked me out however my moms side is mr. hair side..) but told myself until I see real thinning and/or back I won't really worry. I tried Rogaine for a year around 24/25. Liked the growth just not the annoyance of twice a day. Also it got in the way of styling sometimes, and gave me some skin inflammation/acne I think. Bought some generic finpecia around 26 and did that for only 6-9 months then read side effects and freaked out so I stopped taking that.

Let me point this out, in my early 20's in college to even my mid-late 20's I did so much infinitely dumb sh*t to my body. I smoked, drank (alcoholic even for 20s), did oral pro-hormonal bodybuilding supplements that I'm sure made my dht go to the roof. I've literally quit ALL of that not as long ago as I'd like to admit. (albeit the pro-hormonal stuff I stopped a few years back first)

Back to hair somewhat more recently..
Around 28/29 had another mini worry session after a hair cut. (I'm sure I'm not alone here) Got back on finpecia by buying proscar and cutting it into 5th thinking hey if this stuff messes up libido etc might as well take it easy since I read .5mg is all many need. Did that for one year, but since late summer I've been on proscar 1/4ths = 1.25mg and added anti dht shampoo and biotin/msm hair pills.

My current regimen:
- 1.25mg finasteride daily from a place called healthwarehouse dot com (Kentucky based who seemed to really care about my derm dr. prescription instructions and was rated A+ on BBB)
- 1 biotin+MSM pill (Day One Advanced Hair, Skin and Nails with 3500 mcg Biotin, 750 mg of MSM)
- Lipogaine Big 3 + Keto Shampoo 2-3 times a week
- Now this shampoo on my off Big 3 shampoo (keto) days (Hair Lab Shampoo for Hair Loss Hair Regrowth)
- Also just about to add this conditioner since my hair gets dry on those other shampoos (Hair Lab Conditioner for Hair Loss Hair Regrowth and Thinning Hair)

Questions:
  1. Do you think my regiment is good? (Shampoo wise or adding back rogaine any thoughts?)
  2. My generic proscar source seem legit right? dose wise too?
  3. Also, I've attached photos so would you rate me a norwood 2 or?
  4. I feel like my hairline 'tuft' has gone higher but isn't that common for us white brits..? ha
  5. Could my bad habit raging in my 20s (see top) have induced a lot of my hair quandaries and furthermore by being mr. healthy NOW do you think it's too late to regain a tinge of my hair or at least keep it bay for a decade+?
    1. On that note, is it common for someone to have all this happen and then it just stays there until they get to the real gray/older age? Of course my mystery question is do you think w/my regimen I stand a fighting change..?
  6. My brother is 6 years older than me and still has hair, albeit it has also gone much up but no so much on the sides. Good benchmark still?
  7. Anyone venture into PRP treatments for preventative/slight hair-growth prayers? (I have a good job so throwing a K per year at something that is good extra insurance isn't out of the picture for me)
  8. Low level laser therapy a waste for the same hopes as ^^?
  9. I don't think I'm at the age/level of loss for a transplant ay?

Overall, I'm coming down from my paranormal state but would appreciate everyone's thoughts and hair prayers. If i maintained what I have until 50 I would be estatic. I'm sure when I'm 50 I'd slap myself for saying that as 50 is not old in reality either. :oops:

I'm going to a hair Doctor (top rated / surgeon in chicago so no games) soon in person so I'll let you know what he says to these questions in case I you all have any of these questions as well.

To good health, fine women, and maybe a cure some day. Or perhaps when going bald becomes the next best fashion trend. ;)

-Mark

Attachments

• hair 10.2016.png
    hair 10.2016.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something between NW2 and NW2,5 I guess.

Your hair is pretty damn nice actually considering your age. Just stay on your current regimen. If your hairline worries you, you can always get a hair transplant in the future.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I was growing my hair out long a few months ago when I started to freak out again because NW2-NW2.5 doesn't work so well with many long hair styles that are forward focused. Perhaps I just need to go shorter again/change up my style again. If it seriously progresses and bothers me later in life (before I'm truly old) maybe a hair transplant. Hopefully my regimen works that doesn't happen or it progresses when I'm too old to logically bother. I have stopped making fun of my father's(+others) baldness so perhaps that's the primary objective in God's eye. ;D