rapid right temple recession, left holding steady?????

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
My future hairline is that of David Letterman's, with the island in front. I am accepting of this. The problem is that my right temple is so much worse than the left and it is progressing so rapidly while the left is pretty much holding steady. If my left were as bad as my right, I'd be just about at the island stage now.

My question is this: Is it possible for my right temple to recede all the way over to the left side of my head while my left temple recession pretty much maintains itself until, of course, the right recession comes over to meet up with it? Has anybody ever heard of this?

I hope I am making this clear enough. If not, please ask me to clarify.

Doppleganger

Reaction score
Well. My right temple recessed first and was more noticeable than my left temple, which actually took a couple of years to follow suit and reach the same level of loss. So I guess the answer is yes

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rapidfrontal, what you describe sounds odd. Sure, when I started losing my hair one side was a BIT more along than the other. Yet, I wouldn't really say that it was ALLOT more advanced than the other side:( Hmmm...it just doesn't sound like the "normal" male pattern baldness thing:( I know the flow is against seeing a Doctor about this but if I were you, I'd get a professional opinion. However, make sure that the Doctor you see is noted for his qualifications in diagnosing scalp/hair challenges.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me give more information. I was diagnosed with Telogen Effluvium after heavy shedding began out of the blue in December 2004. I was doubtful that the diagnosis was correct because I began to develop what was obvious male pattern baldness. Now I have come to understand that I did or do have Telogen Effluvium and it kicked my male pattern baldness into high gear. My hair is pretty solid eveywhere except my right temple and my shedding has slowed but not stopped. I am still battling with the effects of the inciting event that caused the Telogen Effluvium, which I think is why I still shed. My hair seems to have come back everywhere except the right temple. I can barely still call the recession my temple because it has progressed nearly to the center of my head. It is very strange and I can't recall ever seeing it on anybody else. I just keep holding out hope that my shedding will stop completely and my recession will go back to its normal speed which is slow. But the left temple is barely receded at all and the right is fucked. By the way my father is a Derm and he's clueless.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
jfrank said:
mine both went together in only 3 weeks from perfect to norwood 2

That seems awfully fast. How old are you jfrank? And are you maintaining now or still receding?

fritz96

Reaction score
I seem to be in the same situation, RF. If I can ever get my right temple back to where my left is, I'll be happy.

G

fritz96 said:
I seem to be in the same situation, RF. If I can ever get my right temple back to where my left is, I'll be happy.

I am also exactly the same - I would be doing cartwheels if I got my right temple back to the same thickness as my left and I would be a 100 times more confident when trying to 'pull' birds.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am also exactly the same - I would be doing cartwheels if I got my right temple back to the same thickness as my left and I would be a 100 times more confident when trying to 'pull' birds

come on, girls don´t notice recesion/thinning until it is very advanced. Girls do not check your details, mate, just the general impression. So balding/thinnig it´s only noticeable if you get to a HUGE forehead or a very poor hair density that shows more scalp than hair colour.

Everything looks bigger under close inspection. Especially if you are obssesed about it.

It´s like extreme skinny girls saying they have a fat ***, bullshit baby.

It kind of puts me in anger when I hear a man saying "oh, i cannot pull becouse of my one square inch thinning zone in my head".

I understand it, i dont wanna be mean, I´ve been there myself, but thinking like this is a sign that there´s something wrong with you. Deserve the girls you get by loving yourself first.

G

Solo said:
I am also exactly the same - I would be doing cartwheels if I got my right temple back to the same thickness as my left and I would be a 100 times more confident when trying to 'pull' birds

come on, girls don´t notice recesion/thinning until it is very advanced. Girls do not check your details, mate, just the general impression. So balding/thinnig it´s only noticeable if you get to a HUGE forehead or a very poor hair density that shows more scalp than hair colour.

Everything looks bigger under close inspection. Especially if you are obssesed about it.

It´s like extreme skinny girls saying they have a fat ***, bullshit baby.

It kind of puts me in anger when I hear a man saying "oh, i cannot pull becouse of my one square inch thinning zone in my head".

I understand it, i dont wanna be mean, I´ve been there myself, but thinking like this is a sign that there´s something wrong with you. Deserve the girls you get by loving yourself first.

Thanks for the diagnosis. I will immediately seek psychiactric help.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
neiltom, for the most part I completely agree with you. My current situation is bothersome to me because of the fear of where things may be headed. If things were to stop right now I'd be fine, eventhough it is a bit shocking to realize that I'll never have my right temple back, but I can deal with it as it is now. However, 3 months down the road, at this rate, I could be one of those cases that is severe enough to be noticed by everyone I encounter. Not only that, but my right temple, in 3 months, will probably cross over the center of my head which will be very unusual looking. My right temple is beginning to look like a termite boring through a piece of wood. Its very strange.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory predict a different hair loss patern if the individual adopt a special form in the bed when he sleep. Normally, the persons turn our body position during the night unconsciously and also the head.

In my theory (http://www.againstalopeciaandbaldness.com) predict a major hair loss at the opossite side of contact whit the pillow.

I don't know if it is the case. Do you sleep mainly right or left?

Armando

G

my temples are about the same, and i ALWAYS fall sleep on my right side, and usually wake up like that,id disregard this theory imho

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
my temples are about the same, and i ALWAYS fall sleep on my right side, and usually wake up like that,id disregard this theory imho

Bartman654, what Norwood are you?, what about your hair lenght?

Armando