Randomly Started Losing A Lot Of Hair?

JohnAli

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, sorry for the second thread in such a short amount of time!

Anyways, I recently noticed back in late January that a lot of my hair was falling out. Now, I don't know if this has normally been happening all my life and I just now noticed, but it's got me nervous.

Now, just a few things I want to mention:
1. I'm constantly pulling hair out of the drain and counting how many I lose when I wash my hair. Average is anywhere from 5-30, but when I go about 3 days without washing my hair, I lose about 60 the following time. I've read the average amount of hair you lose a day is between 50-100, but I'm just worried cause my sides are shaved, so logically I'd guess that all the hair I'm losing is coming from the top/back.

2. Other than thinking maybe this is normal and I only just recently noticed, I've thought of some potential things that could play a role in my hair loss, though I'm not sure if these would actually have any involvement.
A) I went from extremely cold weather in my area to California, then back, so I'm not sure if maybe the weather difference could've played a part.
B) I dyed my hair, and maybe the dye damaged it?
C) I've had a dry scalp / bad dandruff since I got back home.

Sorry if any of those reasons sound stupid, I'm just trying to make sense of it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, sorry for the second thread in such a short amount of time!

Anyways, I recently noticed back in late January that a lot of my hair was falling out. Now, I don't know if this has normally been happening all my life and I just now noticed, but it's got me nervous.

Now, just a few things I want to mention:
1. I'm constantly pulling hair out of the drain and counting how many I lose when I wash my hair. Average is anywhere from 5-30, but when I go about 3 days without washing my hair, I lose about 60 the following time. I've read the average amount of hair you lose a day is between 50-100, but I'm just worried cause my sides are shaved, so logically I'd guess that all the hair I'm losing is coming from the top/back.

2. Other than thinking maybe this is normal and I only just recently noticed, I've thought of some potential things that could play a role in my hair loss, though I'm not sure if these would actually have any involvement.
A) I went from extremely cold weather in my area to California, then back, so I'm not sure if maybe the weather difference could've played a part.
B) I dyed my hair, and maybe the dye damaged it?
C) I've had a dry scalp / bad dandruff since I got back home.

Sorry if any of those reasons sound stupid, I'm just trying to make sense of it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Apart from the hair count for lost hair, have you noticed any difference in consistency, or maybe esaseness when combing?

The reasons you mention as possible for hair loss are only temporary. They will not cause a constant shedding.

JohnAli

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apart from the hair count for lost hair, have you noticed any difference in consistency, or maybe esaseness when combing?

The reasons you mention as possible for hair loss are only temporary. They will not cause a constant shedding.
As far as consistency, I can't really say, only because I never really took into consideration how full/thick my hair was. When combing after a full night of sleep and not washing my hair/getting it wet, I sometimes lose 10-15 strands from what I count.
As for the temporary hair loss, how long would you say temporary is?